BillM doesn't make bad decisions, you haven't figured that out yet... :whistling:

Not when it comes to risking my life on the water I don't. No fish is worth that. Well maybe once, but Mike was driving the canoe :) :)

That question on a test catches a lot of them, you have to take into consideration the height of the bow eye from the water and in this case you loose some rope length in the knots so it would be less than 7'. Point being that 49' aint a lot of rope.

Boy have you got attitude problems!

I have several friends that are cops one of them going back 30+ years. I don't know a single one of them that gets up in the morning, gears up and heads out the door looking to generate revenue! If you can't stand behind them, try standing beside them for a day, you'll be amazed at the crap they have to tolerate in the line of duty.

x2

Didn't even think of the bow eye :) But when are you ever anchoring at a 7:1 ratio. I know I never do.

I've done it before a couple of times.

Before my dock was built.

During one storm I had to double anchor with 100' of line on each anchor in 6 or 8 feet of water in order to not drag and end up smashed on the rocks. ;)

So, if I read the rules properly, this is what I need:

For my 16' boat with 40HP outboard:

• Life jackets for everyone on board
  • 15m floating rope
  • A paddle, OR an anchor with 15m of line
  • A bail bucket OR manual pump
  • A waterproof flashlight OR three flares
  • A pealess whistle, airhorn, or something to make noise (I wonder if my kids count)
  • Working nav lights

For my 22' pontoon

• A floating heaving line OR a throwable life buoy attached to a 15m floating line
  • A reboarding device (this is interesting because my pontoon doesn't have a ladder, but it does have a step on the back of each pontoon, which could easily be used for climbing back in)
  • A paddle or anchor and line
  • Waterproof flashlight
  • Approved fire extinguisher
  • Six approved flares
  • Whistle
  • Working nav lights

This is a good thread because I'm missing a few items. Time to go shopping and get all legal.

PS - I think safety is important and having these items is a smart idea .... but it annoys me that the government tells me I HAVE to have them and will fine me if I don't. It's a slippery slope! What's next, getting checked to see if everyone is wearing sunblock, eye protection, and proper footwear?

• 15m floating rope
  • A pealess whistle, airhorn, or something to make noise (I wonder if my kids count)
  • Working nav lights

For my 22' pontoon

• A floating heaving line OR a throwable life buoy attached to a 15m floating line
  • A reboarding device (this is interesting because my pontoon doesn't have a ladder, but it does have a step on the back of each pontoon, which could easily be used for climbing back in)
  • A paddle or anchor and line
  • Waterproof flashlight
  • Approved fire extinguisher
  • Six approved flares
  • Whistle
  • Working nav lights

This is a good thread because I'm missing a few items. Time to go shopping and get all legal.

PS - I think safety is important and having these items is a smart idea .... but it annoys me that the government tells me I HAVE to have them and will fine me if I don't. It's a slippery slope! What's next, getting checked to see if everyone is wearing sunblock, eye protection, and proper footwear?

SOON very SOON they will not only tell you what % sunblock you must wear but also you must wear a life jacket at all times for any watercraft under 26'........(wealthy boat owners will be except)

BTW when was it the last time you read about someone dying because they only had 45' of anchor rope ?!?!?!?

Which brand/model boat do you have Mr. Simon?

Nothing fancy. An old 16' Sylvan Super Snapper with a 2004 Honda 40HP. It's a little rough around the edged, but it serves me quite well.

The pontoon is an older model Crest that I searched and searched for. It's got a very open floor plan with four fishing chairs at the corners, no deck sticking out past the railing, vinyl floor, and no frills. I finally found one in Delaware in the middle of winter and bought it sight unseen. I love it!!! I did upgrade the motor to a 90HP pontoon series e-tec though. I'm glad I did.

• 15m floating rope
  • Working nav lights

If your gas tank on the above boat is not removable, you require a fire extinguisher.

Monstarz.

Good job Craig Ruthowsky.

I believe it is a good thing to be critical of the actions of all citizens, including the police. As soon as we lose critical thought, we truly show we no longer care.

Edited by Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Monstarz.

Good job Craig Ruthowsky.

I believe it is a good thing to be critical of the actions of all citizens, including the police. As soon as we lose critical thought, we truly show we no longer care.

You for got accountability!