Post Counts

Norpiker

Why is a person's post count such a big deal on this board?

Because someone has a low post count does that mean their opinion shouldn't be considered as important as say someone with lots more posts?

It's always been a pet peeve of mine on this board when someone questions your post counts as if that reflects on your intelligence. Personally i think that reflects poorly on those folks questioning the counts.

I'm sure this will ruffle a few feathers amongst the Regulars but i could care less

cheers,

P.

well I would think most people could care less about a persons post count...I never think about looking

however..if people on the board are having a discussion / argument and there is no proof to support either side of the argument, I would likely tend to side with a guy I have been chatting with(maybe fished with) and trusted for a few years(therefor would have many posts), then someones first few posts on the board..but otherwise who cars how many times you hit "add reply"

Nah...does not reflect level of intelligence whatsoever. This board is not only addictive...it is interesting, full of knowledge, with many helpful people who have no other agenda but to share their love for fishing. Some are more expressive then others and have acquired a knack for writing...but hey...there are others who struggle with the English language but still share with us a part of who they are.

I guess it just all comes down to what you want to give and take from it. You cannot be a member and not recognize the many friendships openly shared by so many.

Although I am new to fishing and new to this board...I wouldn't change a thing about it. I write what I want and comment on what I like to.

if you are talking about the post regarding ccmt's 2000th post mark ... i see it as a recognition of cliff's contribution to OFC and IMO he well deserves it.

for the years i have been on this board i have seldom noticed members questioning others' post counts with the exception of a new member asking a question or help with fishing locations on their first post without some sort of intro. I dont' read every single thread but that's what i have noticed.

Victor

Edited by Victor

I agree it doesn't reflect a level of intelligence or knowledge.

It does however reflect the amount of time you are sitting in front of a computer awaiting carpal tunnel to set in.....

Corn Nug

Edited by Corn Nug

A post count displays the amount of time one has dedicated to giving to the site. This site cannot exist without the contributions of people like Cliff, Lew, Irishfield, tjsa, Terry and so many others that have made the site greater than the sum of it's parts.

To the members who make an effort to post reports, jokes, hockey spats or whatever, the site owes them (and so do the members) eternal gratitude. Each person contributes in some way, we hope, because it is the only way this thing can work.

Wear your post count as a badge of honour..it is well deserved (even if you are posting mainly drivel like me).

The post number doesn't reflect intelligence, but I guarantee it increases credibility. No one can survive 2,000 posts if they are a buffoon...they would have been run out long before.

Someone with 10 posts should feel rather reticent to challenge the existing status quo.

A lot of people here must think a post count means something since most had the totals carried over from the old board I didn`t bother having my post count added because I don`t care about post counts. I prefer not to judge someone by their posting totals the content of their posts is what`s more important.

A lot of people here must think a post count means something since most had the totals carried over from the old board I didn`t bother having my post count added because I don`t care about post counts. I prefer not to judge someone by their posting totals the content of their posts is what`s more important.

Well said.... :clapping:

See my post count, and Irishfields, ESPECIALLY IRISHFIELDS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Wayne, you can get me back later.

Just means we have wasted( OK, maybe not wasted, squandered possibly??????????? ) a lot of time here.

Post count don't mean 'nuttin.

And, no, no ruffled feathers here on my part,

Have actually been trying to limit my time here(failing miserably) :lol:

Regardless of post count, every new member, or sometime member/poster, or incessant member/poster( HI THERE :lol: ) , has something to contribute here. Be it fishing, hunting, life, values, whatever.

You want some of mine ? Rick, toss him a couple hundy of mine, but not all of them, lol.

I feel like a geek, I added these up in a year give or take, almost ashamed it's so high. :lol: But I didn't think once about how high it was (well maybe once), I put thought into my responses (well most of them.) :lol: There were a lot of words typing some of those reports and responses for a guy that uses 2 fingers :lol: s.

Over those numbers though you start getting lot's of PM's and meeting people etc... it's just like anything else in life, you have to start somewhere and get to know the people (it truly is a Community), but an intelligent response is a intelligent response regardless.

A post count displays the amount of time one has dedicated to giving to the site. This site cannot exist without the contributions of people like Cliff, Lew, Irishfield, tjsa, Terry and so many others that have made the site greater than the sum of it's parts.

To the members who make an effort to post reports, jokes, hockey spats or whatever, the site owes them (and so do the members) eternal gratitude. Each person contributes in some way, we hope, because it is the only way this thing can work.

Wear your post count as a badge of honour..it is well deserved (even if you are posting mainly drivel like me).

The post number doesn't reflect intelligence, but I guarantee it increases credibility. No one can survive 2,000 posts if they are a buffoon...they would have been run out long before.

Someone with 10 posts should feel rather reticent to challenge the existing status quo.

Rick I am a Bafoon and Disagree!!! ( did not transfer over the 4400 I hasd on the other site :)

Why is a person's post count such a big deal on this board?

Because someone has a low post count does that mean their opinion shouldn't be considered as important as say someone with lots more posts?

It's always been a pet peeve of mine on this board when someone questions your post counts as if that reflects on your intelligence. Personally i think that reflects poorly on those folks questioning the counts.

I'm sure this will ruffle a few feathers amongst the Regulars but i could care less

cheers,

P.

Nice 10th post there Bubba... whatta Newb! :rolleyes:

Edited by Greencoachdog

that would be Krispy Kream... and like kuha said.. one more on my post count cant hurt....

Gerritt.

PS.. intelligence has NOTHING to do with your post count... your post count has to do with your level of intelligence. Once you figure that out perhaps you will figure out the being that is OFC...

Edited by Gerritt