MNR what a joke

Paudash

Yup my Virginia sticker get me a yearly visit on the west arm of lak nipissing they even made noise about my life vests not being Canadian approved till I showed them that until my boat was in Canadian waters for 90 days it didn't have to meet their guidelines. I however did have the few items that Canada requires that the US doesn't.

I don't begrudge them checking me but to collect tourist money is really short sited in my opinion.

Art

No different than the Georgia state troopers targeting Ontario plates en route to Florida. Got pulled over for a "safety inspection" some 20 years back. The 3 cars in the line up ahead of me all had Ontario plates. Sat there for a good 1/2 hour while the fella ahead got a ticket. Since then I have never stopped, nor spent a dime in that state.

Sadly, out of towners are always easy targets for the eager ticket writer, no matter where you go.

Edited by bigugli

No different than the Georgia state troopers targeting Ontario plates en route to Florida. Got pulled over for a "safety inspection" some 20 years back. The 3 cars in the line up ahead of me all had Ontario plates. Sat there for a good 1/2 hour while the fella ahead got a ticket. Since then I have never stopped, nor spent a dime in that state.

You must look suspicion because in the 6 trips to sunny Florida we never got pulled over in Georgia or any other state to think of it.

You must look suspicion because in the 6 trips to sunny Florida we never got pulled over in Georgia or any other state to think of it.

On a family trip to Florida. I had been warned ahead of time that the Georgia boys were tagging Ontario plates, so I got no ticket. Some of it has to do with a small border trade war between Georgia and Florida. Same little war was going on between Arizona and California 10-15 years back. Out of state travellers were just easy pickings.

I live here on sturgeon lake and I do see the CO's out but it seems not when they are really really needed like when the walleye spawn & crappie run is on !!!! They have such huge areas and tons of paperwork they just need more of them !!! It's the same old story !!! My nieghbor was checked 2 times this winter in his hut on sturgeon lake so they are around I see their trucks on the highways but like I said so much area not enough manpower ... Sad really cause they do bust guys all the time so it shows they are needed and it's not just fishing they look after too it's a lot of things

I live here on sturgeon lake and I do see the CO's out but it seems not when they are really really needed like when the walleye spawn & crappie run is on !!!! They have such huge areas and tons of paperwork they just need more of them !!! It's the same old story !!! My nieghbor was checked 2 times this winter in his hut on sturgeon lake so they are around I see their trucks on the highways but like I said so much area not enough manpower ... Sad really cause they do bust guys all the time so it shows they are needed and it's not just fishing they look after too it's a lot of things

You are correct.......they do have a lot other places to protect.....did you ever notice no one, I repeat no one has ever been pinched at Tim Horton's for poaching.....LOL.........JK.......I think the CO's and all our law enforcement does a good job and hope they continue to protect us.

You are now deputized. On your 6th check of the evening you come across someone who doesn't respect the role you are filling. It is nighttime, he is larger than you, has a fillet knife in his possesion, he is between you and your vehicle which is your only safety, and you have no use of force options. He becomes irate and combative. Discuss.

You are now deputized. On your 6th check of the evening you come across someone who doesn't respect the role you are filling. It is nighttime, he is larger than you, has a fillet knife in his possesion, he is between you and your vehicle which is your only safety, and you have no use of force options. He becomes irate and combative. Discuss.

Absolutely-hear yah--tuff row to hoe to so-call 'deputize' a dude/dudette and expect that person to put themselves in harms way to Protect our Resources-run them thru a 3 day intensive course?-Have the'MNR Company'--ensure they are physically and mentally sound--issue two shirts with a diluted Conservation Officer flash on the shoulders-give the readers digest version of how to be Court Ready-effective use of a side arm-navigate the encrypted communication devices and......expected you can converse in a couple of languages btw--CO's .make CBSA look like drop outs..............JMO--it's not practicaL

How would you financialy compensate them?

Maybe public education is the best route

food for thought-valuable insight here-Thanks

I stop at least once every spring to see the annual walleye-suckers spawn at lock 19. With the low water levels, it was easy to see the suckers, however it looked like the walleye had in the most part vacated the area.

Again to my surprise and disappointment, there were several people fishing at the end of the walk pier with disregard of law and ethic.

Had my first CO visit yesterday. Was disappointed to find we are now down to 2 CO's in our area. They just can't be everywhere we want them to be, and they have a tough job down here. Many in zone 16 still refuse to acknowledge the major changes made to the regs in 2008. There are still people who fish pike year round with line, net and spear. Then there are the "heritage" communities who are seemingly beyond the law.