2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

can't believe the ride is over...Price pitched pretty good, Bautista had 2 HRs (huge clutch!) and we had the tying run on 3rd with no one out. Just wasn't meant to be...to go along with the fan interference HR and Revere's 2nd strike call.

Was really hoping the Jays could have tied the game up!

Overall, the Jays certainly gave the city to cheer about in Oct...they were 50-51 at the break and made some good acquisitions and played phenomenal baseball.

The city certainly fell in love with the team and I hope we'll see them return again, but succeed into the World Series.

I'm certainly proud of the team!

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

Let the conspiracy theories begin...they were already prepared to see the two teams go off before it was even over.

Even had two players from their respective teams in the banner.

attachicon.gifmets vs royals.jpg

Now now lets not sound like Maple Leaf fans now, I agree that Fox messed up by showing that "pop up" mistake or not.

Yes the Jays lost momentum with the rain delay, but the Jays Bats were dead when their was a man in scoring positions, I don't care how many home runs you have during the season, just bunt the dam ball.

If the Jays had gotten home field would it have made a differences? If they did, they would still have to win games in KC because you can't take anything away from KC pitching, after all they do have a stronger pull pen. Plus the Jays would have needed two wins in KC, would have been a tough task.

Regardless bad calls, conspiracies it was great to see the city and country get behind the Jays, now hopefully come April they will still be cheering the team on

I'm glad that I was able to get to Game 3 to watch them play, and see another in early September. I have never felt so much energy in any sports venue in the city. I'm looking forward to the up coming off-season and seeing what the team does with the new president coming in.

Now now lets not sound like Maple Leaf fans now, I agree that Fox messed up by showing that "pop up" mistake or not.

Yes the Jays lost momentum with the rain delay, but the Jays Bats were dead when their was a man in scoring positions, I don't care how many home runs you have during the season, just bunt the dam ball.

If the Jays had gotten home field would it have made a differences? If they did, they would still have to win games in KC because you can't take anything away from KC pitching, after all they do have a stronger pull pen. Plus the Jays would have needed two wins in KC, would have been a tough task.

Regardless bad calls, conspiracies it was great to see the city and country get behind the Jays, now hopefully come April they will still be cheering the team on

I'm glad that I was able to get to Game 3 to watch them play, and see another in early September. I have never felt so much energy in any sports venue in the city. I'm looking forward to the up coming off-season and seeing what the team does with the new president coming in.

Don't get me wrong...I'm super proud of how the Jays played and there were so many things that factored into the outcome. You could say that home field would have made a huge difference,

hence Gibby's decision to put on scrubs after clinching their division was the wrong call and it came back and bit then in the butt. Same goes for putting Price out for 11 days before his post season start and we all know what happened in game 1 vs Texas.

I also agree with the FS1 commentators that they put Osuna in front of the Royals pitchers too often and their hitters started to pick up on his pitches and habits, which led to the HR by Morales back in Game 4 and the crucial hits in the ninth last night, which all points to a weak bullpen and the decision of not including Buerhle in the playoff roster resulting in having to use Price and Pennington as relief.

Plus the numerous on field errors committed by the Jays in the post season. I don't recall the Royals committing any errors this series...correct me if I'm wrong.

But all those things combined certainly don't make a championship caliber team.

I certainly was rooting for the home team and stuck through them through the ups and downs, but when you deconstruct all those things, including the gaffes from last night games from everything around them, it just wasn't meant to me.

Despite being eliminated last night, it certainly hasn't diminished any adoration I have for its players and the team and I'm hopeful of what is next to come next season.

KC was in the same situation last year and they've learned from mistakes made from being eliminated, which fuelled their determination to make it to the WS this year.

Congratulations are indeed earned by the Royals. Aside from punk-a$$ Ventura and his stare downs, they played a good clean game.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

They also could have tied it up late in game 7 of the world series and missed that opportunity. I will agree (and Don Cherry said the same thing) but the umpires blew some key calls. Shamus there in the bleachers reaching over the fence blew my mind. The fact they were so excited to go interview him and the ridiculous camera shots of him "reaching" over the fence were borderline disgraceful. Then 1, possibly 2 missed balks, the tag on Rios at second that was missed.... If there was any doubt there was bias in this post season it was basically confirmed in game 6. Not that I'm a conspiracy guy, but I think a lot of on field umpires were a lot more willing to give the tie on any play to the Royals than they were the Jays.

Whatever though. It was a lot of fun and way more than I typically expect from the Jays. Next year the whole organization will be primed to take a real run at it, right from the outset of spring training. They have some key holes to fill in the rotation but the main core of this team will be basically the same next year, which is truly exciting.

Hope eternal springs!

WOW............I just seen a inside the park home run on the first pitch to the Royals in the WORLD SERIES.....and it was a stand up one to boot...........GO Royals..... :)

cause luck had nothing to do it.....should have been ruled an error, but w/e. ball just happens to hit off cepedes' arm then off his leg in full stride and he kicks it away

Only in Toronto - Can a team make the playoffs for the first time in years - and not keep the GM. Looks like Rogers managed to mess this one up again.

Pretty sure they had determined to fire AA at the end of the Season - and then the trade deadline comes a bammmo.

Now what?

It might not be bad - but I have a feeling it will decimate the team. Even the Marlins don't mess up like this - and they have won a World Series in recent years.

Yeah, the writing was on the wall as soon as they hired Shapiro. Might not be the end of the world either though. 5 years of mediocrity and one meteoric rise to the post season when he knew there was nothing to lose? I was bummed when I heard that this morning too, but maybe we should keep things in perspective.