Car Tire Inner Tubes to Help with the Dock (where can I buy)

manjo39

Hi All, does anyone know where I can get car tire sized inner tubes to help float my dock for easier installation/removal.

Or if anyone has any other ideas to help float the dock in/out?

I'm located in Vaughan or Lindsay.

Lets talk! I am going to be looking at the same sort of thing. I'll check with Particks Tire here in the next few days, he might have some used ones that we can get for the cost of a patch.

Thanks Cliff, that's great! I've been calling around to some tire places here who sell used tires and no one has had any for quite some time.

Paul, don't give it a second thought, I need something for me, and you can use mine NO PROBLEM!

Tubes work well because they are easy to store when you don't need them. I am also building a dock leveling device so that once your dock is in, you can just sit on the dock and adjust it to wherever you need then tighten the bolts. Super for compensating for poles that settle into the bottom after everything is installed.

Thanks All. Found them!

Cliff, I called Patrick's and they said they do have a few. I'll call you to coordinate.

If Patrick's doesn't work out for any reason, I called TSC and they have them! $8.50 ea.

Thanks Terry, I have some 5GAL plastic buckets with lids. But the lids are not tightly sealed. How to you get a seal on the lid?

the ones I used had a rubber ring to seal them, but put a bead of silicone around the rim and stick the lid on, on my buddy's dock they fit well between the boards

Btw, Cliff and Manjo, I have an old styrofoam buoy, about 2ft diamete, maybe 3ft long that would probably work great for what you need to do. Its yours if you want it. If the timing is right I might even be able to deliver and help put the docks in. Pm if interested. I can s2nd a pic.

S.

Btw, Cliff and Manjo, I have an old styrofoam buoy, about 2ft diamete, maybe 3ft long that would probably work great for what you need to do. Its yours if you want it. If the timing is right I might even be able to deliver and help put the docks in. Pm if interested. I can s2nd a pic.

S.

Thank you so much! PM Sent.

S.

I just checked and in my shed I have at least 12 you can have most with spill proof

Lids and I have another dozen in the garage with lids. I do like to keep a few but you are welcome ro have them.

How do I get them to you? That is the question?

Ketchanany, I can pick them up and bring them up to Lindsay for Sinker if that works out for both of you.

I have them here so if Sinker wants them you can come by and pick them up.

Justvlet me know ahead of time so I can bring them to the garage ans sort out the lids.

I'm close to Rutherford and Islington.

Well, this is working out swell!! Thanks boys! I've made arrangements with Cliff to get him the float. Hopefully I can be available to help with the docks, but I say that every year, and it never works out with my work schedule. Maybe this will be the year.....

Ketchenany, Pm me your address and I'll send you some of my syrup!

S.

Well, this is working out swell!! Thanks boys! I've made arrangements with Cliff to get him the float. Hopefully I can be available to help with the docks, but I say that every year, and it never works out with my work schedule. Maybe this will be the year.....

Ketchenany, Pm me your address and I'll send you some of my syru

S.

Sinker, the pails are yours? there is no need for syrup but it would be good to try instead of the store- bought.

The other member from Woodbridge offered to deliver, I'm open to that. Anytime, better than the landfill.

I think I can get you about 15+ with lids . . . .I do keep some for myself

Is it too late for this year?

I may have another vessel for you for storage 54 L glass thingy used for wine also.

PM me if you want.

PM me and