Any experience ordering electronics from Fishing World?

fishnguy

I'm lucky to have Fishing World close to home so no need to order online. I used to live down the street. I would not hesitate to deal with them, I have for 26 years. I went to their grand opening when they were down a few hundred yards in a small store the size of a sub shop. Remember that store Dave? It was the talk of the fishing community in Hamilton, no more driving to LeBaron.

If they don't carry what you want they will price it and bring it in. Actually I just bought a combo I sure didn't need there last month $70.00 less than BPS wanted. When they have a sale it's not a measly 10 or 15% off. Go for it.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

this thread makes me laugh. i guess fishingworld has changed its tune over the past 2 years or so. they are notorious for poor service. i used to work behind them and anyone at my work that fished would drive all the way up the mountain to bills because fishingworld trated people like they were tresspassing. i also remember another thread on here about fishingworld and not many were happy about them.

I purchased a sonar from them 7 or 8 years ago and their just plain nice folks to deal with.

I'd imagine on-line purchases would go as well.

OOPS, I guess I should pay more attention to what I'm posting.

After reading Lunatics reply above I re-read the post and realized I commented on the wrong business.

I was referring to RadioWorld on Steeles Ave in Toronto, NOT Fishing World.

Infact I don't think I've ever been in Fishing World.

Disregard anything I have to say in the future :lol:

I've had two experiences at Fishing World, both not so great. First time I was in there they stood there taking verbal shots at a well known fisherman for all the weight he lost and how he must look without a shirt on. No biggie but they sounded like jerks.

Second time I called looking for a Navionics chip and wanted to know what they carried. I got told they had a chip for $200 model abc123 (whatever?) I called Navionics to see what area it covered etc and the guy was a little surprised. He asked me who was selling it and for how much. He then went on to tell me that chip was never sold individually and thus never had a retail value. It was given away with the purchase of a Humminbird unit. Nice. I left multiple messages at the store requesting a call from the owner or manager. Never got the call and never went back.

Maybe they have changed?

Fishing World works hard and does their best.

"Big Steve" (the muscular guy) can come across as "abrupt" but he is very knowledgeable, and is always honest. He's the last guy to "oversell" a customer. They are a larger store, as such, naturally lacks the "small store" feel...

They work hard for their customers and they support many of the local fishing events.

Fishing World works hard and does their best.

"Big Steve" (the muscular guy) can come across as "abrupt" but he is very knowledgeable, and is always honest. He's the last guy to "oversell" a customer. They are a larger store, as such, naturally lacks the "small store" feel...

They work hard for their customers and they support many of the local fishing events.

My first trip to the Sutton I broke my amber lens polarized sunglasses 3 days before departing. Couldn't find anything suitable last minute. Steve actually sold me his own personal pair that he was wearing at the time to help me out LOL!

In general I'm a huge fan of Greg and Tim at Bill's Bait. Friendliness and customer service cannot be beat.

i live in stoney creek and i either drive to grimsby tackle or bills,both more than twice the distance from me.this shows good customer service goes a long way.

if your looking at fish finders go to grimsby tackle,they will spend half a day with you to show you the ins and outs,he loves to play with them.

Edited by Lunatic

My first trip to the Sutton I broke my amber lens polarized sunglasses 3 days before departing. Couldn't find anything suitable last minute. Steve actually sold me his own personal pair that he was wearing at the time to help me out LOL!

In general I'm a huge fan of Greg and Tim at Bill's Bait. Friendliness and customer service cannot be beat.

I dropped my prescription polarized sunglasses a couple days before a week long bass fishing trip in september. I had a new pair being made, but they weren't going to be ready by my fishing trip.

I wanted a decent pair of polarized glasses for my trip, but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, as my prescription ones would be ready soon after. Steve lent me his.

Steve is top notch.

Of course the guys at Bills Bait are quite good as well....Greg and Tim will both go out of their way for customer service.

But, so with FW.

We are lucky here in Hamilton to have two great stores, with Grimsby Tackle, another great shop, close by.