A couple of questions ?

Beans

Coming east on the 401 this afternoon I noticed a bunch of huts on the bay just east of General Motors...What would they be catching and would they have to have the huts off the ice today ?

Also, after picking up our dog at my bro-in-law's in Ports of Newcastle, I noticed a new hunting and fishing store (Easthill ?) on the east side of the 35/115 highway...anybody been in there ?

I noticed a new hunting and fishing store (Easthill ?) on the east side of the 35/115 highway...anybody been in there ?

Where abouts Norm, any chance it's in the old Ace Submarine building, that place has been vacant for a couple years now.

East hill does have fishing stuff, i thought they looked like huts in the 2nd Marsh Bay just east of the GM office, but im not so sure now, they looked like clumps of hay or straw on the 2nd look, didnt want to stop the truck on the 401 to pull the Binocks for a closer look, thats just asking for trouble, never seen anyone outside if they are in fact huts, might be monitoring something ie water, and using hay or straw to insulate to keep holes from freezing.

Thanks for the link Dave, I recognize the place now but I guess just never payed much attention to it before. Been travelling up and down that road for 60 years and thought I knew every place on it LOL

East hill is just north of the 4th concession. Not a bad little shop. They're hunting section is pretty good, great gun room. The fishing section was OK last time I was there, but I havent been back since. I heard its better now though. I drive by it every day and forget to stop in.

S.

East hill is a great little store they did not have any musky grear but were told about our stuff and after a couple phone calls I took a drive up and delivered the first order. They listen to the customers and get in what is needed. They have a large gun and bow selection. This year they will have a great fishing selection.

East hill does have fishing stuff, i thought they looked like huts in the 2nd Marsh Bay just east of the GM office, but im not so sure now, they looked like clumps of hay or straw on the 2nd look, didnt want to stop the truck on the 401 to pull the Binocks for a closer look, thats just asking for trouble, never seen anyone outside if they are in fact huts, might be monitoring something ie water, and using hay or straw to insulate to keep holes from freezing.

I don't think fishing is allowed on Second Marsh. Darlington Provincial park has a bay just east of Second Marsh.

East hill is a great little store they did not have any musky grear but were told about our stuff and after a couple phone calls I took a drive up and delivered the first order. They listen to the customers and get in what is needed. They have a large gun and bow selection. This year they will have a great fishing selection.

That may have been Lori and I who got that ball rolling. They needed musky gear bad, and within a week had a great selection. It was Lori who was bragging to them about all the fish she's caught on your inlines LOL.

For a new shop, they are doing it right. There not much around here in the way of outdoor stores, so I hope they stick around.

They also have an indoor archery range. Pretty slick too!

S.

Edited by Sinker

Coming east on the 401 this afternoon I noticed a bunch of huts on the bay just east of General Motors...What would they be catching and would they have to have the huts off the ice today ?

as for your other question,

for Zone 20 permanent ice hut have to be off,

ZONES IN WHICH ICE HUT REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED

ICE HUT REMOVAL DATE

17, 20 March 1

zone 14, 16, 18, 19

March 15 9, 10, 11, 15

zone March 31 12

Above Lake Timiskaming Dam - March 31

Below Lake Timiskaming Dam - March 15

Ice hut registration numbers must be at least 6.3 cm (2.5 in.) in height and clearly displayed on the outside of the hut.

You do not need to register your ice hut or abide by specific removal dates:

in Zones 1-8 and 13, or

if your ice hut is a tent made of cloth or synthetic fabric that has a base area of seven square metres (75.4 square feet) or less when erected.

I was just going by the web site. They show no fishing stuff. I,ll be over that way this summer. Will have to drop in.

Drop in at my place on the way thru. If you plan it right, I can take ya fishing. I guarantee fish too ;)

S.

I was just going by the web site. They show no fishing stuff. I,ll be over that way this summer. Will have to drop in.

Fishing stuff is on there, but not easy to find. On the home page click on 'Search Store' in the upper right, and then go to 'Products'. They really need to redo that web site for better navigation. There are waaaaay more people who fish than hunt, they need to target better.

They are targeting hunting and doing well in that department. Its a great shop, just need to addd some more fishing gear. They will. They seem to bbe good at pleasing customers. I should stop in there more often, im probably missing out on some good stuff.