Scugog Musky success

Jigger

Went out for 2 hours today. Got to the ramp at 1o'clock and turned the car off while I got everything in order. Couple of straps to pull off, make sure plug is in. OK, I'm ready to go... The car won't start. Nothing. The dash lights up but no action. Must be the starter. Get under to check and sure enough, the ground wire has come right off. A couple of minutes later and were off to the races. Boy am I glad no-one wanted to launch while I was fixing the car!

On to the fishing, was throwing a Musky Mania bucktail over a small transition for an hour or so without any luck. Decided to go fish a small hardbottom area that even though has never produced a thing, drew my attention. First cast, Backlash...@&*&^$! Second cast 10 pumps of the reel and its FISH ON! I thought it was really small, but turns out it was not a bad fish at all, and one I'll gladly call first 'ski of the year...

Picture324.jpg

Saw some good clouds coming in so put the boat back on the trailer not too long after that fish. So, a good day for opener. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better! Hope everyone had a good musky opener and got slime all over the place!

Thanks guys, I'd say it was low 30in, but beautiful markings. I didn't measure it and the only reason I got a pic was because it was a little sluggish getting going on the release. The pic was almost an afterthought.

Day trip to Lake Q tomorrow. PUMPED! I think I have Musky fever :w00t::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: !

Edited by Jigger