cooking thread...

Mike, when i guided, i did a bacon wrapped crappie then once cooked you just add a small dollap of maple syrup. Unreal good.

Of course it works with walleye or even pike as well, but mmmmmm crappie, best we have IMO.

So basically you're saying even crap tastes good wrapped in bacon?

You could turn that side pork into bacon.............

When I do those big pork loin chops, I slow cook them on the top rack. Let all the fat juice drip away with no flare ups then give them a quick char. Nice meat there Rick.

Doug, to dam hot for cooking with the oven. Umless you air conditioning.LOL

Going to cook the other half up today and have on pita bread and tazikki sauce and a side of salad.

Note that the provided recipe makes a FULLY COOKED bacon, unlike peameal or smoked back bacon that needs to be cooked before you eat it. I just told mr blizzard I am going to try to find my own recipe, which results in a peameal type product.

Best regards,

Doug

OK, here is my buddy Marcel's recipe (which he got from the referenced website)

http://dizzypigbbq.com/portfolio/dizzy-pig-cow-lick-canadian-bacon-ii/Note that they give two options, which I had forgotten, the lower internal temp provides the bacon that you still need to cook; the higher internal temp yields ready-to-eat bacon. And their number is 160, not 150, and I am thinking 160 is probably the correct one............Anyways, I have only make the still-needs-to-be-cooked version.Doug