Coolest childhood fishing Christmas present?

Mr.Topwater!

One year I found a mounted largemouth under the tree... Mounted on a piece of driftwood we found in our creek...

I caught the big bass in our boathouse on a micro tube.... I thought dad released it...

Probably the biggest Christmas surprise ice ever had...

20 years later it still looks beautiful

One year I found a mounted largemouth under the tree... Mounted on a piece of driftwood we found in our creek...

I caught the big bass in our boathouse on a micro tube.... I thought dad released it...

Probably the biggest Christmas surprise ice ever had...

20 years later it still looks beautiful

epic dad:)

thats awesome!

In our house fishing gear is very common for gifts especially for me and my boys. last year my oldest boy, 11 at the time had saved money all year and much to my surprise it was for my lowrance fish finder. amazing gift and $300 is alot of money for an 11 year old. ill never sell it and i plan on fishing it as long as it lives.

that year I got him a curado and $1000 tackle box fully loaded. so he was stoked as much as i was.

problem is we now have everything we need lol

no fishing gear at all planned for this year.

Edited by manitoubass2

Christmas of 1948 (at 12 years of age) I received my very first spring steel rod and a Shakespear Wonder reel...

Before that I fished with a hand line for carp, suckers and catfish or cut down a good length of a branch or a bamboo pole with a hook, line, sinker and a float...

Every year, my fishing/hunting partner do a small gift exchange. That is the only fishing related gift I get. Every year, its something different. My favourite was a few years back, he made me a real slick gaff. Which bounced off the quad later that season....

Edited by N.A.W

Don't recall getting anything for Christmas that was fishing related as a kid. There was a birthday gift one year of a new spinning rod and reel, still have them. Best Christmas gift that was fishing related, would be the gas auger my ex-wife bought me. I've had it for close to 20 years and still runs like a champ! Spark plugs, gas and oil, sharpen up the blades and that has been it, awesome gift!