iTunes Scam!!!

mike rousseau

Just a heads up

I've been getting emails claiming I've given gift cards of $25 and another stating $100 as a gift...

At the bottom of the email it says click here to cancel...

When I did it brought me to a website that "LOOKED" like apple but was not... asking for all my information....

I did not... My visa has not been charged and it has been a week since the email...

Good old holiday spirit...

Mike

I got the call "from Microsoft" yesterday. He said my computer had a virus that it was spreading world wide! I told that was terrible. He asked me to hit my "control" key, I told him it didn't work. He asked why and I said because he told me it was infected, I stuffed Kleenex into all the holes on the key board to prevent further spread. I then asked him if he could help me get the cup holder in my computer to stay open.

I then called him a fraud, a leech and words I can't say here...

It was fun!

Just beware, Microsoft DOES NOT CALL YOU!!! Following this scum's instructions will give him control of your computer. Have fun with them and the most hurtful thing you can do to them, is waste their time. Acting dumb as a rock to a guy stealing can be fun!

HH

Just a heads up

I've been getting emails claiming I've given gift cards of $25 and another stating $100 as a gift...

At the bottom of the email it says click here to cancel...

When I did it brought me to a website that "LOOKED" like apple but was not... asking for all my information....

I did not... My visa has not been charged and it has been a week since the email...

Good old holiday spirit...

Mike

Been getting a similar e-mail regularly from "Apple" ;) requesting that I update my security information or my i-Tunes account will be locked :D Bunch of scam artists looking for credit card info. Though I did forward on the e-mail and address of the sender to Apple to make them aware of the scam. I also asked how the scammers know I have an i-Tunes account??? I'm thinking security at Apple may not be all they claim it is? Haven't had a reply from Apple yet.

Been getting a similar e-mail regularly from "Apple" ;) requesting that I update my security information or my i-Tunes account will be locked :D Bunch of scam artists looking for credit card info. Though I did forward on the e-mail and address of the sender to Apple to make them aware of the scam. I also asked how the scammers know I have an i-Tunes account??? I'm thinking security at Apple may not be all they claim it is? Haven't had a reply from Apple yet.

They may not know. If they send thousands or millions of emails to random addresses then they are bound to connect with people who do have an account.

I receive emails claiming to be from companies that I have not ordered from.

The past few days I have been receiving messages that my computer may be infected and that I should call their 888 long distance number ...yep, infected with their message...once it pops up you can't delete it unless you re-boot...Superspyware and Windows Defender can't seem to delete it nor will Pop-up Stopper...I just downloaded and ran AVG 2015 Free and so far nothing has shown up yet...AVG deleted 7 threats...hopefully one of them was the one I'm trying to get rid of...

Edited by Beans

I had a similar situation 2 weeks ago. I received an email from CRA (revenue Canada) stating I was entitled to a further tax refund due to new information they had received. Then they wanted my personal information such as social insurance #, email address & the amount of refund I was claiming. Immediately I became suspicious. If they're sending me a refund - wouldn't they already have my personal info? Sure enough when I phoned CRA the guy at CRA told me they never send out emails such as the one I received. Just a heads up guys!

I got the call "from Microsoft" yesterday. He said my computer had a virus that it was spreading world wide! I told that was terrible. He asked me to hit my "control" key, I told him it didn't work. He asked why and I said because he told me it was infected, I stuffed Kleenex into all the holes on the key board to prevent further spread. I then asked him if he could help me get the cup holder in my computer to stay open.

I then called him a fraud, a leech and words I can't say here...

It was fun!

Just beware, Microsoft DOES NOT CALL YOU!!! Following this scum's instructions will give him control of your computer. Have fun with them and the most hurtful thing you can do to them, is waste their time. Acting dumb as a rock to a guy stealing can be fun!

HH

ahaha perfect.

Got an email last night from the government of Canada. I had an outstanding refund. From a hotmail account no doubt..... Clicked the link provided... And sure enough it is an official looking government website...

It was asking me for all kinds of info... Including my credit cards and their pin numbers..

I knew right away as soon as I got the email it was a scam, but clicked anyeays to see how dumb these morons are.

I just hope those less technical ie seniors can see this for what it is.... A scam!

Looks like AVG 2015 Free has solved the problem I was having with the pop-up messages I was receiving...None have appeared since I ran the AVG program...It has disabled my Windows Defender program but I'll try living without it for now...Superspyware still runs as scheduled

I get them from "BELL" telling my my credit card was declined and i need to update my info....the link even takes you to what looks like BELLs page. Good thing I have never used a credit card in anyway shape or form with my BELL account so I knew it was a scam. But some of these scams I can actually see people fall for :(

I get them from "BELL" telling my my credit card was declined and i need to update my info....the link even takes you to what looks like BELLs page. Good thing I have never used a credit card in anyway shape or form with my BELL account so I knew it was a scam. But some of these scams I can actually see people fall for :(

My credit card # on my iTunes account is for an old card that isn't active anymore... That's why I picked up on this...

Easy to see why some people could fall for these scams tho...

I bet my wife would have...

Edited by Mike Rousseau