Okay, lets try this again, 2014 best of my pics, totally NF - mostly birds

Joey

Right now I have 3 cameras, but my fave is the Canon 60D with the 100-400mm zoom lense. The T3i is okay, not as good as the 60D. The other one is is just an old point and shoot. If I wanted to get a new camera, it would be the Canon 7D. But the lense is the mainframe, you need a zoom if you want good pics, so save your money and pay for the lense and get a T2i or T3i.

Thanks so much. I still have a 2" format Hasselblad from Sheridan College days believe it or not. $3500.00 in 72'. The new digitals for much less surpass it's quality and capabilities for sure, amazing.

Great art Joey.

Thanks so much. I still have a 2" format Hasselblad from Sheridan College days believe it or not. $3500.00 in 72'. The new digitals for much less surpass it's quality and capabilities for sure, amazing.

Great art Joey.

Wow, that's so cool! $3,500, jeez, that was a bit of money back in 72' eh! :)

The canon lense I have now was $1,400, on sale. I think it is normally $2,000 or more, so when the sale came, Paul said to go get it at Henry's and it was one of the best decisions we both made. Being in the boat all the time I see alot of birds, but then my passion took me to other places, ponds around my area, parks etc. and I just go and look all the time. I'll drive an hour and a half just to see if I can find a kestrel or a snowy owl. So many places to find these beautiful birds/animals. Have definitely enjoyed buying that lense and would recommend it to anyone interested in photography.

Thanks so much again everyone for the kind words :)

Hey, that was your fault Lew, you came back and said "There's a bald eagle up in the tree ahead." :)

Yeah, and I took a picture of him too, then you came along and showed me what a picture of an eagle is REALLY sposed to look like :lol:

022-3.jpg

Joey, YES you are. I haven't done any since my Pentax SLR went and film went out the door!

I do have a camera collection and some of the old ones I got to work when film was available!

My best is a 1904 bellows camera! I also have one made out of wood and it works too. But no film. :(

Gosh, made out of wood, that's cool, do you have a pic of it?

Fantastic pics there Joey.

Is the last one a Snowy Owl?

Yes, it is a snowy owl. Every time we went ice fishing on Simcoe, we drove up the 400 and I could see them at the Holland Marsh, but of course you can't stop on the highway with a truck and trailer, so I went back one Sunday on my own in my car and just travelled down each road of the marsh looking, then found one. I even went back the next week and found another.

Here was the first one I found, but I didn't get him in flight.

12470380545_29249d23c9_b.jpgIMG_2860 by Joeyfishing, on Flickr

12465367983_b6df84e8a7_b.jpgIMG_3115 by Joeyfishing, on Flickr

12465211685_29fa9f403e_b.jpgIMG_2849 by Joeyfishing, on Flickr

Very nice

Thanks for posting,

Have you ever seen a Great Grey Owl?

That is one big, impressive bird

Nope, only ever owl I've seen was the snowy. There seemed to be alot this year. I'd love to see another kind, but so far, with all my birding, no luck!

Yeah, too bad the conditions were awful (Cloudy, zero sun) Ah well, lots of time!

Ya, I hate when you see a great pic and the conditions are cloudy/overcast and no sun, they just don't turn out so well.

Those are great shots of the Snowy's....especially against that blue sky background. Joey, do you have any other pictures of birds of prey? I've been fascinated with them since I was a kid, I'd love to see more! If I see any raptors while driving I'm always compelled to look, surprised I haven't gone off the road yet.

Those are great shots of the Snowy's....especially against that blue sky background. Joey, do you have any other pictures of birds of prey? I've been fascinated with them since I was a kid, I'd love to see more! If I see any raptors while driving I'm always compelled to look, surprised I haven't gone off the road yet.

Yup, I have tons more, I'll look them up and post them for you :)

Very inspiring and amazing photos Joey.

Out of curiosity, do you frame some of your favorites for your walls at home? You'd certainly have a one-of-a-kind collection!

Thanks, actually, my aunt was so thrilled with the snowy owl pics, I framed them and gave them to her for her birthday. My walls already have too many pics on them, no room for anymore, so I don't bother.