NF - Trail Cam Vid - 10-pt. Buck Working a Licking Branch and Leaving a Scrape (Ottawa)

JustinHoffman

Hello All,

Cool capture on the Stealth Cam this week, showing a big 10-pt. working over a licking branch and leaving a scrape. Love the long brow tines on this fella! Definitely will be searching for these antlers once they drop.

Ottawa, Ontario - November 2/3, 2014

(watch in 720p HD for best quality)

Cheers,

Justin

BillM - I'll try my best. Saying that, not sure if he will listen, lol.

AKRISONER - I personally don't hunt, although I have nothing against and actively support it. Just was never brought up with it I guess. I work for various fishing and hunting magazines and tag along on plenty of hunts to capture the action on film. The spot where this trail cam footage was shot is private non-hunting land. It is where I do all of my deer photography for stock and magazine work. Beautiful creatures.....and tasty too :)

Cheers,

Justin

Justin,great vid as always bud.

I personally have been considering hunting for a long time, but still to this day i am not sure i could pull the trigger on something so nice looking.

Goose etc on the other hand...

I was in the same boat many years ago. I shot my first goose and it was game on for me.

Then came my first deer hunt. First day a doe pops her head up. All I had was a head shot. Had my sights on her. I am a firm believer of heart lung shot. I passed on her even though I had a tag. The group didnt have anything bad to say when I told them.

Edited by Brian B

I think the trail camera is a fantastic idea for those that want the thrill of the hunt without the kill. I always wanted to hunt but my first few outings in the 70's resulted in near misses.

Every year I hear the horror stories of accidental shootings and witnessed the aftermath of one yesterday. Nothing serious but it could have been a fatality just as easily. An I.Q. test should be part of the FAC and Hunters test. There are some very un intelligent people out there from drivers to hunters. Heck a IQ test for a drivers licence wouldn't be a bad idea.