Jiggy/Montreal River REPORT.. finally.

TJQ

Well with most of the work done, it was time for a little vacation, that we had promised our friends Joe and Jamie, last year. It was supposed to happen in early June.. but we were . well a bit delayed by the destruction of the camp. So after a long summer of rebuilding we finally got a bit of R&R time and got to treat them to the full Jiggy. lol

We started off with a day long ATV ride to some of my favorite spots, especially a lookout that nobody goes into... a bit of a hike but well worth the quick climb..

IMG_3444_zps36b7404e.jpg

That night we had a most wonderful moon

IMG_3430_zps5d772ade.jpg

Next day it was time for a bit of fishing.

We caught quite a few and then had something Ive seen before happened... but is pretty rare.

IMG_3397_zpsc799db9d.jpg

IMG_3381_zps722fd9a8.jpg

IMG_3380_zps209d541c.jpg

We were in some deeper water.... something I usually troll over just to get to the next good spot, when WHAM Monique (of course) gets a nice one on.. well she wheels it in and its a medium sized pike with a HAWG hanging off the side of it in its mouth!!! I've seen this before but never with a big one.. lol...

IMG_3382_zps392df31c.jpg

IMG_3390_zps029ca320.jpg

IMG_3392_zps06b03f7c.jpg

Back into the river it went... but the smaller one had a good chunk outta it so .. that was gonna be our appetizer that night!

IMG_3393_zps30cdf522.jpg

We don't go 200 feet and WHAM!! She gets another one!!!

IMG_3403_zps895cc271.jpg

And back from whence she/he came!!

IMG_3409_zps7dbce668.jpg

Jamie had never cleaned a fish before... so I figured the best first on would be a nice slimy bony pike hahahahaha!!!!

IMG_3427_zps492e6972.jpg

The next day it was time to finally put the woodstove in... the last of the jobs before I could proclaim the rebuilding complete for this year. Im no carpenter so I oversaw Joes work.. When asked if i wanted to do the honours and cut the hole in the roof.. I quickly used the standard "I gotta go to the bathroom" break excuse... lol

IMG_3460_zpsa28b454f.jpg

IMG_3474_zps17a2cf2f.jpg

TADA!!!

IMG_3467_zps4cbaedfe.jpg

Now we can get ready for... gulp... hunting???