A few reports all rolled into one.

fishnsled

I'm not quite sure why I'm having such a good start to the season but I'm not complaining. :D The first outting of the season was a bit slow but since then I've done really well. Maybe it's because I keep forgetting the camera, I don't know.

Report 1

This year I decided to take my birthday off and go do some crappie fishing. It ended up being a great decision as I probably boated around 60 fish for the day. :thumbsup_anim: A lot of small to medium fish but enough keepers to make me happy. Here's a shot of a couple of the keepers.

gallery_103_86_50294.jpg

Report 2

The following weekend was walleye opener and I hooked up with my buddy Mike and his buddy Andrew for the day. It started off very cold and windy but that just seemed to have the fish turned right on. I boated 5, Mike boated 4 and Andrew got the 2 biggest ones that were around 4 pounds each. Like I said I keep forgetting the camera so no pics for this report.

Report 3

On the opening day for walleye my brother and his buddy John took my Dad out for some Simcoe whities. They did very well with each getting a limit. So I couldn't resist passing on this action so i took my Dad out the for some more. Well my Dad could seem to get them up but he sure was a great net man. :P 2 whitefish and a laker for me. :thumbsup_anim: Now where were these fish during the Tyler G2G??? :dunno:

Nice laker

gallery_103_86_30158.jpg

And a pair of whitefish.

gallery_103_86_22215.jpg

Man did they ever taste good!

Here's a shot I also took that weekend of the moon and Venus. I thought it looked pretty cool.

gallery_103_86_1960.jpg

Report 4

This past weekend I went out with my buddy Ken who I'll be going to Kesagami with in less then a month :w00t: We started out to go for some eyes but on the way to the lake the winds died off and we changed our plan, back for lakers and whities. I started off the day by loosing one after about 5 minutes of fishing. :wallbash: Then nothing for about 2 hours, time for a change. We moved onto another one of my spots and we manage a few hits but still nothing in the boat. I was beginning to think that I had cursed myself by loosing the 1st one of the day.

So we moved one more time and it was a good thing we did. Well for me anyways. I managed a small laker and a whitefish and had a few swing and misses. Ken had a few fish come and say hello but just couldn't get one up. He suggests that we move back to where we started so off we went. We pulled up on the spot and marked fish like crazy. We dropped our lines down and bang! Fish on for me. After a nice fight I pulled in a nice 7 pound laker. We gave the spot a few more minutes but had to call it a day. Thanks for the great netting job Ken.

Whitey

gallery_103_86_45885.jpg

Pair of lakers

gallery_103_86_15783.jpg

Now I'd rather be taking these pictures on the water but like I said I keep forgetting the camera. I am going to pack it right now so i don't forget it for next weekend. Hmmmmmm maybe I should just leave it at home. :unsure::dunno::D

Great report... and I remember the moon and venus on that exact night... couldn't get the picture with my camera... awesome that you did...

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Jen

Nice reports and great start to your season!! Leaving the camera on shore/at home, sounds like when I leave the net in the car.....almost always catch something lol

bly

Hey Bly - Maybe we are on to something here. Forget the net, camera, etc = FISH!! lol Don't tell anyone our secret. ;):D

I will be bringing the camera this weekend or there will be no pictures to share. I've never kept a muskie and don't plan to. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice!!Looks like you are definately having a good start to the season. Though dont hog all the fish and let your dad catch a couple, will ya?? :thumbsup_anim: