Looking to hire (a part time position Lindsay)

Big Cliff

Some of the projects we have going on around here are a little more than I can handle so I have decided to hire a helper for most Saturdays (occasionally additionally other days too)

The job description is "if it needs to get done it's in the job description". There will be some hard work involved, but there will also be an opportunity to learn. We are going to be doing some interlock. You will learn how to create and lay a pattern among other things. Yard work, gardening, trimming trees..... (you'd be amazed at how big my "honey do" list is)

On those days when it is raining, we will be working in the shop doing small engine repairs (I am a licensed small engine mechanic so your hours could count toward an apprenticeship if you were so inclined and I could have you set up in an apprenticeship program if you wanted).

The pay is $11.00/hr to start cash paid at the end of each day.

You will need: Transportation (rural setting)

Work boots and gloves

Good physical shape (there will be some heavy lifting involved)

A desire to learn

We'll make up the rest as we go along.

Benifits: Swim or fish at the end of your shift (or lunch time, or if it gets too hot)

get some help fixing some of your own stuff (after our work is done)

You will also learn why staying in school and getting an education and/or

a trade is the only way you will ever get ahead!

If you are interested PM, email [email protected] or call 705-328-0577

Geeeze...and here I am...40 years too late...I hope you find someone good Cliff...

Just remembered...40 years ago I was too light for heavy work...and now, I'm too heavy even for light work... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by Beans

Cliff one question.

Do you have Workers comp coverage for the worker?

I only ask cause you could get yourself in a heep of crap if something were to happen to the worker.

A buddy did the same. Hired a student for cash. Kid was playing with a tape measure and sliced his hand open. If it were not for his father pushing for comp,it wouldnt of been an issue,but yet,the claim was put through and my buddy didnt have the coverage. He paid big time.

Just an FYI.

Cliff, you are amazing! I learned my trade (typography) just the same way, on the job training, Nothing better if you ask me. I actually ended up hiring teachers that taught me!

I'm still trying to push it but today kids think different, push a button and it happens!

You have offered a great opportunity to some young person to jump at and take. The pay is better than a fast food restaurant and the benefits of being with you and outdoors can't be matched.

I was willing to lean all I could and it paid off with never being out of work. I worked every shift they offered, sometime giving up things that I wanted to do!

Keeping in touch with my teachers today is the best thing I could have ever imagined. Love talking to 85 years old men and fellow apprentices in their 60s.

Hope you find a good one and when you do they should be honoured to be with you.

Cliff one question.

Do you have Workers comp coverage for the worker?

I only ask cause you could get yourself in a heep of crap if something were to happen to the worker.

A buddy did the same. Hired a student for cash. Kid was playing with a tape measure and sliced his hand open. If it were not for his father pushing for comp,it wouldnt of been an issue,but yet,the claim was put through and my buddy didnt have the coverage. He paid big time.

Just an FYI.

No problem! Everything is above board, I do have a Corp. that I do all my business dealings through and we carry $2,000,000.00 liability insurance and will pay WSIB. Worker takes home $11.00/hour not $11.00/hr less taxes and all the other stuff. I do not however offer holiday pay.

Geeeze...and here I am...40 years too late...I hope you find someone good Cliff...

Just remembered...40 years ago I was too light for heavy work...and now, I'm too heavy even for light work... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Well Beans my friend if it comes to work ethic and I use you as the standard I'm going to have one heck of a time finding anyone that can come close!

Cliff, you are amazing! I learned my trade (typography) just the same way, on the job training, Nothing better if you ask me. I actually ended up hiring teachers that taught me!

I'm still trying to push it but today kids think different, push a button and it happens!

You have offered a great opportunity to some young person to jump at and take. The pay is better than a fast food restaurant and the benefits of being with you and outdoors can't be matched.

I was willing to lean all I could and it paid off with never being out of work. I worked every shift they offered, sometime giving up things that I wanted to do!

Keeping in touch with my teachers today is the best thing I could have ever imagined. Love talking to 85 years old men and fellow apprentices in their 60s.

Hope you find a good one and when you do they should be honoured to be with you.

I think you and I must have gone to the same school!

If I was to try to list all the jobs I have done (I didn't say mastered) most people probably wouldn't believe me but I started working full time when I was 15 and in 53 years I have never been out of work! I have done everything from being a milk boy to Locomotive engineer to the President of a very successful corp.. The most fun I had though was going back to school at 60, serving my apprenticeship, and getting my license as a small engine mechanic. In fact, today it is the only piece of paper I have that says I am qualified to do anything LOL.

No calls yet and I am going to post it through VCCS tomorrow but wanted to give an OFCr or one of their family first crack at it.

Good on you Cliff!! Some kid will learn a few things that he may be able to use in his life. Good luck on getting the 'honey do' list completed. Just when you think you have it licked she adds a bunch more on it.