superdad

Ok, so we have:

The outdoor card

Small game license

Turkey license

Deer license

Bear license

Moose license

Fishing license (I'm sure there have to be some that I have missed.)

Where the heck is all this money going?

When I turned 65 the one thing that I got as a perc was that I no longer have to buy the fishing license (Still need all the others though).

Now they even want to take that away from me!

I don't care if I have to buy a fishing licence until I'm no longer able to fish. I have more money now than when I was in my 20's and 30's, small kids, minor hockey, brand new mortgage and a much lower earning potential. I remember having to buy my wife a fishing licence just because she was in the boat for family time.

When are they going to start taxing our bank account balance?

Actually they already do they tax it before it gets deposited. lol

The fishing license fee is something that you opt in for if you want to fish it is not mandatory. Kind of like the fee to go to a movie or amusement park. Those type of money raising do not bother me as much as taxes that are on products you need to live.

Art

Super Dad: Have you been to the OFAH office lately? You would think it was a government office by the looks of it. I choose not to be a member, because they don't take any kind of a stand when it really counts. Yes, I'm generalizing. But I think back to how quiet they were when the spring bear hunt was cancelled.

Seniors paying for fishing licences is a money grab.

All our fishing license fees go to the big purse. I can pretty well assure you none of it comes back to my area. I have seen maybe four or five C.O's on my body of water in the last twenty five years and two were Quebec C.O's. You know what they say "The more corrupt your government is the more revenue generating schemes they need.