The neighbor slept over last night

lew

" Bears can run up to 35 miles per hour and climb 100 feet up a tree in 30 seconds! Do NOT run or climb a tree when you encounter a bear. Don't run.
  1. Black Bear FAQs - Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation "

I might manage either in a year? Then again, probably not! LOL

Yes it would seem a shame to kill it, but better that then someone getting hurt by it? Luckily the ones I have seen were from a distance, and I was usually on the water.

" Bears can run up to 35 miles per hour and climb 100 feet up a tree in 30 seconds! Do NOT run or climb a tree when you encounter a bear. Don't run.

• Black Bear FAQs - Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation "

I might manage either in a year? Then again, probably not! LOL

Yes it would seem a shame to kill it, but better that then someone getting hurt by it? Luckily the ones I have seen were from a distance, and I was usually on the water.

i got charged by a momma a few years back. It took her only a few strides to cover roughly a hundred yards. It was so fast i never even moved. Amazing how quick they are. I'm lucky she just warned me with some rather powerful ground strikes. It was very humbling and I'm surprised i didnt have a heart attack

I would have been safe! Drop my drawers and make my own mountain! LOL

I got charged by one of my neighbor's horses that got loose once, defending my territory with a gun seems like a safer plan. Those hooves look awful big close up.

I was with one of my uncles one time at Pointe au Baril and he wanted to get a closer look at a bear cub swimming in a shallow pass between two islands, no way, we are close enough and momma has to be nearby!

Don't fool with mother nature?

I would have been safe! Drop my drawers and make my own mountain! LOL

I got charged by one of my neighbor's horses that got loose once, defending my territory with a gun seems like a safer plan. Those hooves look awful big close up.

I was with one of my uncles one time at Pointe au Baril and he wanted to get a closer look at a bear cub swimming in a shallow pass between two islands, no way, we are close enough and momma has to be nearby!

Don't fool with mother nature?

lol i agree. We use to have guns in Alberta up north to protect ourselves from bears, but laws changed and boy is it creepy to be alone in the mountains without a gun. Look up my old report about getting charged by a bear. It was so much more scary cause i had 5 if my kids with me. I had to set them off on a bush trail around the rapids and yell at them to tell mom to call 911. It was gnarly. My heart rate was off the charts for hours. All i had to defend myself was a fillet knife, so, certain death if that bear decided that was my fate. On a side note, a bear here a few days ago was hit by a train. Left split nearly in two on the tracks. I called MNR and they would do nothing. I called CN police and they showed up, threw the bear 10 feet off the tracks and left. So disappointing. So me along with 4 others dug a grave, away from homes, laid some tobacco and burried it. Boy did it smell as i lifted it onto the gator, wow. Small bear though maybe 130lbs. Burying it was nice though. Nice to show and feel that respect for one another. Poor bear

lol i agree. We use to have guns in Alberta up north to protect ourselves from bears, but laws changed and boy is it creepy to be alone in the mountains without a gun. Look up my old report about getting charged by a bear. It was so much more scary cause i had 5 if my kids with me. I had to set them off on a bush trail around the rapids and yell at them to tell mom to call 911. It was gnarly. My heart rate was off the charts for hours. All i had to defend myself was a fillet knife, so, certain death if that bear decided that was my fate. On a side note, a bear here a few days ago was hit by a train. Left split nearly in two on the tracks. I called MNR and they would do nothing. I called CN police and they showed up, threw the bear 10 feet off the tracks and left. So disappointing. So me along with 4 others dug a grave, away from homes, laid some tobacco and burried it. Boy did it smell as i lifted it onto the gator, wow. Small bear though maybe 130lbs. Burying it was nice though. Nice to show and feel that respect for one another. Poor bear

Way to go Manitou, and the 4 wise men, paying respect to one of Gods creations, when one group of civil servants would do nothing, and the other through the carcass 10 feet off the tracks and left.

Thanks live release for the kind words. I'm not all P3TA lol. But i respect nature to the fullest. I would treat any animal in te same manner and try to do my part, especially since I have kids that are often with me, as well as a lot of local children. You know, just trying to show them that respect and hopefully those lessons pass many generations. You know, as you grab that bear or any other animal, you just feel something i cant explain. Almost like the animal feels that respect, even though it has moved on to become many more parts of nature. It's very humbling, and i hope someday when i pass i to create more if earths creations, people would pay me the same respect. Long post i know, but here is a quick story about our family a few years back. We had our beloved boxer named Pheonix, poisoned to death by anti freeze. Her death was slow, painfull and traumatic, not for her and our whole family. She was 13. The kids and i went to pic a grave site, in the bush. The kids chose a nice place secluded. We buried her there. We wept and this is where i first explained my thoughts of nature too them. I told them that her death, although sad, gave many other creatures a chance at life. That she would soon live on in many different ways. I left it at that(still pretty young). Shortly after snowfall we visited her. You could see mouse tracks attempting to eat what may have been left of her. The kids talked about it and I could tell they understood what I had told them prior. The next spring, we visited again. To their amazement she was surrounded by wild lillies. They were amazed:) this is there moms favorite flower! At the time we had just become pregnant. The choice was simple, our kids and us decided on Lily as a name for our daughter:)

Way to go Manitou, and the 4 wise men, paying respect to one of Gods creations, when one group of civil servants would do nothing, and the other through the carcass 10 feet off the tracks and left.

I got it Rob.......hahahaha

that was hilarious;) it actually felt like a 30 yard drive compared to the two guys i played against. Must be nice to be able to drive greens lol. Longest drive of the day we measured was Andrew at 368 yards. They shot par and +1. I shot 101 lol