St Croix Legend Extreme anyone ?

2 tone z71

St Croix. Pure crap in my opinion. Unless you buy their top of the line.

Okuma or anything else will do just fine for the price.

Hogwash, St.Croix has the most extensive line up of rods out there, backed by an excellent warranty and customer service record.

Nobody says YOU have to use them, but calling St.Croix pure crap is just...well pure crap!

I'll give a vote to St Croix. Their Legend Tournament Rods are the best musky rods I have used, I have an Okuma EVX and it is a horrible rod compared to the LT Big Nasty. Cowanjo and I just got two new Sling Blades due to warranty issues. There may be better musky rods out there, but not at that price point or with the same warranty.

Not sure what model.. but fishing on Pike opener with Andy last year (on his birthday) and he was none too happy that two brand new St. Croixs snapped in half on casts with nothing but a crank bait on. He called Brian right from the boat to complain and it appeared it was a common problem with last years stock!

i like to save these threads.

its not often you hear folks speaking higher of okuma than st croix.

each to their own :)

LOL, this very true!!! I am a big St. Croix fan myself, having 8 of their rods at last count but far be it from me to stop someone from loving on Okuma!

Not sure what model.. but fishing on Pike opener with Andy last year (on his birthday) and he was none too happy that two brand new St. Croixs snapped in half on casts with nothing but a crank bait on. He called Brian right from the boat to complain and it appeared it was a common problem with last years stock!

interesting, sounds like a known issue and they still make the customer pay....perhaps I have different standards for "excellent" customer service

I've snapped 2 avid's, won't be buying more....the guy seemed offended that I asked why I should pay shipping both ways..."IF we find it to be a manufacturing issue we will ship new, or if not we will call for your credit card"

the legend extreme seems over priced, at the same price point or cheaper shimano/gloomis, dobyn's offer a lot of competition and IMO better than st Croix...if the OP likes the handle on the new legend extremes, try looking at the airrus nano rods, very good rods...I just ordered an iRod that I haven't fished yet, another option to consider if you don't mind ordering online, again cheaper

I like cork as well, call me old fashioned, but split grips just don't do anything for me.. So is there a manufacturer out there (High end) that will do over the counter exchanges for the life of the rod?

i like cork as well.my shimano crucial has that new rubber grip and i was stand offish about it at first but im really diggin it now. i have a st croix mojo bass rod as well. i like it,but i have to re-tighten the reel seat every 5 - 10 casts it seems.