St Croix Legend Extreme anyone ?

2 tone z71

I use a Tournament musky series and although I've never tried the walleye models I'd assume their equally great.

Lew I agree I can feel every turn of the blade at 30 ft out or when it snags a weed top water ..its amazing well worth it

after snapping 2 avids last year, I'm not a fan of their warranty policy, they make the customer pay shipping both ways which is unusual in my experience...I guess if you live close enough to a retailer maybe it's over the counter still...if you had a 2 piece rod you could order a new tip section for 50....which is quick enough turnaround but still more expensive than paying shipping one way, as it should be IMO

after snapping 2 avids last year, I'm not a fan of their warranty policy, they make the customer pay shipping both ways which is unusual in my experience...I guess if you live close enough to a retailer maybe it's over the counter still...if you had a 2 piece rod you could order a new tip section for 50....which is quick enough turnaround but still more expensive than paying shipping one way, as it should be IMO

Considering almost every rod I've ever seen break in my life was user error... I think it's fair you pay the shipping to have your $150-400+ dollar rod replaced at no cost....

I bought my legend extreme (worth over $400) knowing if it break I get a brand new one for about $50 in shipping for the rest of my life.... That sounds like a good deal for me...

But then again not everyone can admit they break rods because of user error so they feel it's the companies fault and bash em for the MED LIGHT spinning rod spooled with 50lb braid breaking when they were snagged on a log and trying to rip it out.... Lol... Not saying your one of those guys tho... I'm just surprised theses companies replace rods no matter why they broke...

Eventually all rod makers will be producing ugly sticks to avoid replacing under warranty... Lol

full of assumptions there LOL...you get a pro staff/guide discount?

the avids snapped within first 3 days of use, the first rod I snapped was on the very first cast, 3 hours out of the store...9'6" heavy action steelhead series at $260 each...I even sent a picture of the lure on an electronic scale to show I was casting well under the rod specs...it wasn't my fault

so IMO, it's not fair they make me pay shipping both ways, or pay 50 for a new tip (which isn't really warranty)...I should pay shipping one way and get a brand new rod IMO....original receipt and the rod serial number indicates the rods were newly built, not sitting in a store for 5 years

I've broke one shimano that was my fault, I told them so (flipping a bass into the boat), I paid shipping one way....never broke a loomis yet

Like I said... I wasn't trying to describe you...

But some people are that way so I can't blame the rod makers for not paying the shipping...

Also I just like st croix rods... Just a regular consumer (talk about assumptions... Lol)... And my dad and brother have used their warranty because they flipped walleye in the boat that were too big without enough line out... Being idiots... Lol

I also took advantage of the "buy a new tip" deal for $30.. I dropped my rod being an idiot.... But when I got my package there was a complete brand new $200 rod in there...

So for the 3 of us we have had about $1000 dollars of rods replaced for the cost to ship 3 rods... And a $30 replacement fee for a tip...

And I will admit we were completely at fault and st croix wasn't responsible.... But they still replaced the rods...

Edited by Mike Rousseau

I really can't complain about the service I've gotten from St.Croix when it comes to warranty replacement. Cheap shipping to Fedex in Canada (Who then forwards that to FedexUS), $20 return shipping for a 7ft rod in a tube in probably 2 weeks for $20 US? Is there any company out there that does a life time warranty over the counter exchange with no questions asked for the life of the rod?

there are companies that do better for brand new rod failures...for the money, I think there are rods with better warranties too, just don't agree with paying return shipping...or maybe I just spoke to a person lacking customer service skills, he didn't make me a happy camper lol

what does the OP want to do with the rod? species? techniques?

St Croix. Pure crap in my opinion.

I've had St. Croix musky rods for years , both Avids & Premiers, and never had a single issue with any of them other than one that had the reel seat come loose 8 or 9 years ago and Spiel fixed that one for me.