LONG WEEKEND FISHING TRIP LOTS OF PICS

fishindevil

Well we got to the ottawa river around 5am sat morning and the weather conditions were amazing,so off i went to catch some walleyes,and i did,most were all around the 15-20 inch range,and were very hard to catch,as there was some kind of mayfly hatch going on and the fishing had been very slow for the last week,i managed to catch most of my fish running a worm harness setup,on a 3-way rig,just trolling the drop-offs,and they were really lite biting and i lost alot of fish till i put on a stinger hook,once i had them figured out i managed to do pretty well,and even nailed a few nice sized pike,with the biggest around maybe 9lbs,its kinda tough taking pics by yourself,so i did the best i could,i also took some pics of the walleyes in my livewell,so the rest of thew weekend went pretty much the same with my count of about 30 walleyes and kept enough for a great fish-fry,and man are they tasty....so enjoy the scenery sorry everyone i tried to get my pics up but i have forgotten and i will try again,it ruined my post.....

maylongweekend2007001.jpg

maylongweekend2007002.jpg

maylongweekend2007003.jpg

maylongweekend2007004.jpg

maylongweekend2007006.jpg

maylongweekend2007009.jpg

maylongweekend2007013.jpg

maylongweekend2007009-1.jpg

maylongweekend2007017.jpg

maylongweekend2007029.jpg

maylongweekend2007027.jpg

maylongweekend2007023.jpg

maylongweekend2007035.jpg

maylongweekend2007014.jpg

maylongweekend2007042.jpg

maylongweekend2007030.jpg

maylongweekend2007018.jpg

maylongweekend2007021.jpg

maylongweekend2007020.jpg

maylongweekend2007007.jpg

maylongweekend2007005.jpg

maylongweekend2007016.jpg

maylongweekend2007028.jpg

maylongweekend2007011.jpg

Edited by fishindevil

Hey Shawn...sounded like a great time out there!! Congrats on all the eyes and nice pike. I clicked on your photobucket link...I only get one pic....would love to see the rest. Alone in your boat? Should have called me...although the Ottawa river is a bit far from me...LOL

Take care

Cliff

I gotta say its nice to have the Ottawa right in my backyard. I love fishing on it. My favorite spot is Constance bay, there is everything in there this time of year before the water heats up. Big pike, musky, smallies, largies, eyes and big cats, and of course annoying panfish! Anywhere on the river you can catch fish. Man thats a long haul to drive. And I dont see your pics either, but I sympathize as I am still trying to learn the whole upload deal.

Nice report! It's funny you mentioned the mayflies, 'cause every fish I cleaned last weekend was stuffed full of the nymphs.

That's bizarre to me as the hex hatch doesn't normally occur 'till mid to late June up there. And it's not like we've had an overly warm or early spring....

Just goes to show that nature is unpredictable.