bells palsy

bow slayer

anyone have any first hand experience with this condition. Just had a close family member come down with this.They have been told to expect a full recovery in about 2 -3 weeks. Though there is a small chance at permnament damage. Has only been through this. I have heard it is quite common.

My wife woke me up one early morning. What I seen was alarming. Side of her face was droopy. Numb arm. Rush to the hospital and was told it was Bells Palsy. It took about 2-3 weeks before the effects were gone.Full recovery. Then again,theres an old friend from work that was striken with it. This was 10 years ago. I see him now and then,and you can still see the effects. Body function is normal,but his facial is noticeable.

My father has had it twice, first time was about a month to recover, ie droopy mouth etc, the 2nd time he hasnt fully recovered, and has paralisis on the left side of his face, and watering eyes, also difficulty eating as well on the left side of his mouth, and thats been about 8 months now.