We've ALL been there...

kickingfrog

Yesterday we were at day one of a local show in harrow Ontario talking musky with everyone and it was as usual comical to here the stories from many of the people. But I guess if your a perch/walleye fisherman and you get a 40" musky it would seem to be 60" #40-50.

I still love to talk to all of them even the 4 that were either trying to get me upset or just do eat musky. I did educate that on size limits and each was shocked to know that we have a 44" minimum not 30-36" as they had thought.

It's all about education with kids gloves on and also remembering that one day we to we're not as educated on the sport that is a obsession now.

A 72-inch (or was it pound) pike was caught off the dock at Kesagami Lake. Took 4 hours to reel in, then it was shot in the head by the angler in front of Lodge guests. Said to me with a completely straight face and total conviction by the angler. Yeah right! The local tackle shop owner had two fish on the wall, a speck and an eye. The speck was about 4 pounds, the eye maybe 6 to 7 pounds... but of course when I asked, they were 8 and 12 respectively. Yeah right! Did say to him that he was waaaaay off... but that didn't go over well. lol. Earlier stories these were...

Truth is, many people don't care and just say what they think their fish is. Oblivious to what is real... they just don't care. It's a case of the "whatevers." There's also those who just have no idea and take their best guess. And then there's the opposite, the guys who care soooo much that they have to stretch things. We on the internet see and hear more than most too

...and then there are others who are not in a comipission or urination celebration.

"I caught a decent fish. It made me happy. I decided to release/eat it. It brought me great joy and I believe I will try again."

For me it's in my personality...

Numbers get in my head... I have a walleye database I built cause of this...

Usually I fish to the nearest 5... If I'm at 8 fish usually won't stop till I hit 10... If we get 11 I gotta shoot for 15...

When I'm with my son I don't really care... It's a boat ride and any fish are a bonus...

A 72-inch (or was it pound) pike was caught off the dock at Kesagami Lake. Took 4 hours to reel in, then it was shot in the head by the angler in front of Lodge guests.

Was it this one Bunk?

biggestpike.jpg

I just round off my Brook Trout to the nearest 10 lbs. So far, they have all been 10 lbs. :rolleyes: Truth is that I havent weighed one in decades. I dont really care what they weigh.

Dan, those 26inchers are swimming around everywhere! :whistling:

Interesting photo on that MB pike. Not sure I am buying the 60" measurement. But back to the OP, please don't rain on my parade wen I say my crappie weighed two pounds, OK? (If you're going to prevaricate, pick numbers that mess with people's heads...............) ^_^

Doug

Edited by akaShag