Any stout fans out there?

BillM

There are some good and some horrible stout brews in Quebec. I once in a while visit a Crevier depaneur just south of Rouyn-Noranda that has a mind blowing selection of beers you've likely never heard of.

Edit:spelled beer as beef

The Best Is McAuslan St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout worthy of its platinum medal.

http://mcauslan.com/en/beer-facts/?brand=st-ambroise-en&id=446

Edited by Musky or Specks

There are some good and some horrible stout brews in Quebec. I once in a while visit a Crevier depaneur just south of Rouyn-Noranda that has a mind blowing selection of beers you've likely never heard of.

Edit:spelled beer as beef

My place is close to Rouyn, I'm going to check that out!

Any details on exactly where it is?

It's in Evain, on the west side of hwy 101 before you get into Rouyn.

Did some searching:

It's called Chez Gibb (Crevier Gas Station)

25, rue principale, Évain, Québec,

(819) 768-2954

HAHA! Right on, I know exactly where it is. I've gassed up there a bunch of times.

Big bonus with that place is there always seems to be an attractive female working the pumps. :)

I also recommend the St. Ambrosie oatmeal stout-my favourite. There are many tasty "craft:" beers out there. Any many tasty beers out of Quebec. Guiness is boring in comparison but I'll drink it. For the hot summers I switch to the hoppy IPA style beers.

I've tried all of those... the Mill Street Stout isn't bad at all, had a few cans of that lastnight actually. Not a fan of the Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout, won't be buying that again.. Sinha isn't bad, nothing great but it's not bad.. Had some of the Tom Green Milk stout lastinght, it's about on par with a decent stout.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bill, glad you made this topic so I'll chime in with my pick. The best stouts I've had have been from the US, but my favourite local pick is from Hockley Valley microbrew. They make a few varieties that are a little different but the stouts are my favourite. Anyone else try/enjoy em?

Hey Bill, glad you made this topic so I'll chime in with my pick. The best stouts I've had have been from the US, but my favourite local pick is from Hockley Valley microbrew. They make a few varieties that are a little different but the stouts are my favourite. Anyone else try/enjoy em?

Hockey Valley Stout is great, although my local LCBO has stopped carrying it. It appears the 'Amber' replaced it in the mixer packs as well.

Railway City Brewing has a stout called Blackhole available from November to April. It is a 6% beer. I don't know if it is sold at the LCBO orif you would have to go on a road trip to ST. Thomas which is near London to get some. They do have a website , if you are interested.

I've tried all of the Innis & Gunn varieties, as well as pretty much all the stouts available here in Ontario by any of the well known breweries... I was hoping someone would chime in with an Ontario craft brew stout I haven't tried yet :)

Your buddy up in Thunder Bay, and his disciple down in Georgetown, brew their own. They also told me (and I'm about to try it myself) that Magnotta has really good kits to brew your own. If thou seeketh new Understanding, yea then thou wouldst brew thine own!

p.-

Your buddy up in Thunder Bay, and his disciple down in Georgetown, brew their own. They also told me (and I'm about to try it myself) that Magnotta has really good kits to brew your own. If thou seeketh new Understanding, yea then thou wouldst brew thine own!

p.-

Let me know how that kit works out for you Paul. I also see some drifts in our near future :)