Looking for Cottage Rental Ideas -- 2014

Familyfisherman

Hey all,

Looking to book a cottage for the first week of July -- wondered if people had thoughts about a good lake to choose?

Our priorities are:

A good waterfront for swimming -- preferably a dock to swim off of and dock my boat, and good fishing for bass, walleye, etc and perhaps a small town in the area.

Any thoughts on good lakes within a few hours of Barrie?

Thanks very much!

Kevin

I second Nippissing, went every year with the family in summer and spring and winter with the boys before we bought a cottage. One of the best decisions of my life. We still go back for icefishing every few years when there is ice. Try to find a place on the south shore i.e. Calendar Bay. Bear Creek Cottages is the best, that's were we went from 78' to 96'. Large safe and shallow sandy beach, kids area with swings etc. A great protected dock on Bear Creek behind the cottages. Beautiful accommodations and most importantly everything from Bluegill off the docks for the little ones to Musky just around the corner in South Bay. Fantastic place. Third generation ownership I believe. When people like my former inlaws and the entire families of Aunts, Uncles and cousins book every year since the early 70's it has to be good. Now cousins are bring the great great grand children to the same place.

http://bearcreekcottages.com/

Edited by Old Ironmaker