Camera batteries - money saving tip

Fisherpete

I have had my Fuji XP10 camera now for a few years, and the battery would no longer hold a charge. I looked around, and to get the same replacement Fuji battery would be between $40 and $60... yikes! Found a dealer on Ebay that carries aftermarket ones... with higher capacity (1200 mAh vs the stock 700)... the price - $3.69 each! Two of them to my door, including the shipping, for $10.60. Tested one out yesterday - took over 100 shots and the battery still read full! :) Happy camper!

I doubt it would leak, it is similar to a cell phone battery... Li-Ion... but I guess only time will tell. The camera owes me nothing, it has taken thousands of pictures and quite a few underwater videos... and it was only $150 to start with!

Like Ivan Drago said in Rocky IV... "If he dies... he dies..."

LOL

If you guys want a good set of batteries, buy a set of Eneloops and a decent charger (i just picked up a La Crosse BC700).. It will charge any AAA or AA NiCad/NiMH and will restore/refresh any of your old rechargeables as well. I've had too many packs of 'brand new' Duracells be completely dead out of the box to waste anymore $$$ on store bought batteries.

Not sure I was thinking leakage...I wouldn`t trust a camera worth several hundred dollars to 3 dollar battery but that is just me!

I can understand your logic if it is still a new camera. But if the battery is dead the camera is probably several years old and not worth much. My first digital camera cost me about $800; but I probably couldn't get much more than $20 for it now. Technology changes fast.

I bought half a dozen batteries online for my Canon camera for under 5 bucks each. Mainly so I'd never run out of juice on any of my extended trips in the bush. Was a Canadian online retailer, can't remember which.

Still going on strong well into my second year with these batteries.

Can't imagine why anyone would pay full pop but each to their own.