Road Trip day 4

Big Cliff

Well, still no pictures to post tonight, I did get some but just realized the cable for the camera is in the car and I am ready to have a shower and hit the sack LOL. We leave for Clearwater early tomorrow morning.

Turns out I was given some wrong information yesterday, the fish I have been catching are actually called croakers, apparently they are very good eating but I didn't keep any, most of them were pretty small. They are a beautiful fish though, silver in color and fight like crazy for their size. Saw a black drum and white perch caught today, I didn't catch them but it was still nice to see them and learn a bit about them.

The wind was right off the water today so the breeze was cool but with the bright sunshine it was still a really nice day to spend on the pier. I had some small bird adopt me today, I'll post a picture of it soon, looked a lot like a small piper of some sort. It got so tame that it would come within a foot of me and take little pieces of shrimp out of my hand. The sea gulls kept trying to steal the shrimp and this little bird would hide right under my seat. I've always been a sucker for the little guy LOL.

Sue and I spent some time walking along the boardwalk, quite a few of the shops are closed until Feb. but it was really nice to be able to brouse the ones that were open without crowds around. There are some really good deals to be had this time of year, almost every place has really good specials and the prices aren't that bad even at the regular prices.

I have to tell you though all this fresh air,sunshine, fishing, and walking sure can tire you out at the end of the day, boy I put my head down at night and sleep better than I have in a long time.

I hope things warm up for you guys really soon, seems like we lucked out on this trip. Stay warm, stay safe!

Hey Cliff.. lose the internet.. give Sue some attention and give us an update (on the trip) when you get home!! :D

Respectfully I disagree Wayne. I'm happy to hear about a sunny day fishing down south or whatever other adventures Cliff and Sue might get into.

I however don't wanna see any pics of Cliff in a Speedo :whistling:

Glad to hear your trip is going so well Cliff N Sue. The fish you are catching called Croakers have a cousin called Spot. Both are very good fighters and taste excellent. They usually are caught on bottom rigs with bloodworms being the bait of choice but shrimp, squid also work well. They range all the way to Florida so you will be entertained any where you go. Glad to hear you are enjoying your trip.

be well

Art

Respectfully I disagree Wayne. I'm happy to hear about a sunny day fishing down south or whatever other adventures Cliff and Sue might get into.

I however don't wanna see any pics of Cliff in a Speedo :whistling:

Speedo? ......more like a crawler!! jk my friend.....enjoy your time!