Barrie new parking fees

kickingfrog

Everyone says that Bruce.. and no disrespect or issue your way.. but what do you spend at roads end? Personally if I go to say Innisfil ... I have full tank of gas before I leave. I take my lunch.. I MIGHT stop at Timmies on the way to the parking lot for a donut and OJ, but mostly to leave some liquid behind and use their facilities. I have no issues paying their $10 to park and have a great day on the ice with Terry, Joey and Paul. I take my garbage home and leave no other foot print other than the sled tracks. The township.. rightfully could care less about my $2.45 purchase at Tim's.

True enough LFW, but don't know if centennial park and such did ( I could find out, my buddy is a senior civil engineer for Barrie).. but after the facility is in place it's the daily upkeep that costs the tax payers. We are all witness to what slobs society has become and it takes money to keep it clean and operable. Terry and I launched his boat in Barrie last fall.. the day after some festival that almost had us locked out of the launch... and I counted no less than SIXTY people cleaning the place up. $15 for the day isn't going to change much, other than freeing up a few parking spots.

Incremental, arbitrary and continual increases on a scale I've never witnessed in my lifetime in every facet of our daily lives

. Get used to it folks. There is no money in any kitty and they're taking whats left from you and I. Debt loads are at or approaching and in some cases have surpassed record levels. It isn't going to get better cause the only social class that used to be able to comfortably afford it is being squeezed out.

Look around at every economy across the globe. The confiscation of whatever wealth is left is picking up steam and barreling towards us all. Suck it up and pay or don't but try doing something more productive than whining about it here where it does absolutely nothing.

Still sending multiple angry e-mails every week in the hopes of hearing a knock at the door and maybe being made an example of with no luck thus far. Guess they figure there aren't enough of us to concern themselves with just yet. At least my hands aren't falling asleep from sitting on them.

Doom and gloom? Tic Toc, Tic Toc............

Edited by moxie

Terry and I launched his boat in Barrie last fall.. the day after some festival that almost had us locked out of the launch... and I counted no less than SIXTY people cleaning the place up. $15 for the day isn't going to change much, other than freeing up a few parking spots.

What,ya think I have been flapping my gums for nothing? It,s the same crap every year. Every weekend they seem to have some kind of fund raiser. get to the launch at 6 am,but dont return til after 2 pm.

I have spilled my beans to them enough. They dont give a rats ass

he has been in my lund so many times he has taken ownership of it...well he does have some parts invested in it

Im not complaining. :worthy::clapping:

Everyone says that Bruce.. and no disrespect or issue your way.. but what do you spend at roads end? Personally if I go to say Innisfil ... I have full tank of gas before I leave. I take my lunch.. I MIGHT stop at Timmies on the way to the parking lot for a donut and OJ, but mostly to leave some liquid behind and use their facilities. I have no issues paying their $10 to park and have a great day on the ice with Terry, Joey and Paul. I take my garbage home and leave no other foot print other than the sled tracks. The township.. rightfully could care less about my $2.45 purchase at Tim's.

We usually drop a 100 every time I'm up to Orillia on one of my 16 hour day trips. Brekkie, dinner, and top up the tank. Heck of a lot more if the Mrs hits Rama. But I will not subsidize any town council. Just the same as NOTL with there resident only fishing permit. I won't spend a dime in that municipality.

I would say its about time. When I used to live in Barrie I couldn't believe the amount of free parking down by the waterfront. I often thought it was a huge waste of revenue sitting there doing nothing. People will not cancel their trip to the beach over a few bucks to park...they would spend at least $15 more in gas to get to the next decent spot!

What,ya think I have been flapping my gums for nothing? It,s the same crap every year. Every weekend they seem to have some kind of fund raiser. get to the launch at 6 am,but dont return til after 2 pm.

I have spilled my beans to them enough. They dont give a rats ass

Im not complaining. :worthy::clapping:

Oh don't get me going on that bull granola, I don't know how many times I've gotten to the corner of Tiffin and Essa to see the fuzz at the corner doing TC, sorry can't go to the boat launch. Why don't they run up the middle of Bayfield St or down the 400 on Monday morning.

We usually drop a 100 every time I'm up to Orillia on one of my 16 hour day trips. Brekkie, dinner, and top up the tank. Heck of a lot more if the Mrs hits Rama. But I will not subsidize any town council. Just the same as NOTL with there resident only fishing permit. I won't spend a dime in that municipality.

You and I are cut from the same cloth Bruce. Sibbald Point PP used to be my favorite winter perching spot. Have been twice in all the years since they started charging for parking. Same goes for IBP although I never went there as much because it is a farther trek.

Yes I can afford the pittance they charge. I'm just pig headed enough not to spend it. Lotsa other spots to go wet a line.

Edited by crappieperchhunter