Road Trip Day 2 (and the adventure continues)

Big Cliff

We had to drive about 6 miles back into town last night to find a good place to eat but it turned out to be worth it! Had a wonderful dinner then back to our motel and I crashed!

Got up bright and early this morning, those that know Sue won't believe it but she woke me up and was all excited about hitting the road. There was a light dusting of fresh snow again but the temp had warmed up to -3 over night. I warmed up the car and away we went, we were on the road by 5 am again, usual for me but not for Sue LOL.

I love driving through the mountains even in the winter time, we watched the temperature drop as we climbed a little higher and looked at each other sort of wondering if we were doing the right thing LOL. Slowly but surely though it started to climb and we had little celebrations for every deg. it rose (should have heard us when it finally made it to the + side of zero LOL.

We were treated to 6 of the most beautiful sun rises all in one day (try that in the GTA). We would go down into a valley and the sun would be hidden behind the mountains, as we climbed the next mountain the sun would crest again, beautiful, simply beautiful and the scenery, was spectacular!

The trip into Myrtle Beach took us a little longer than expected, it seems my trusty navigator, plugged the wrong address into the GPS and we ended up in Surfside Beach instead of North Myrtle Beach, added about an extra hour and a half to our trip today but WTH, the sun is shining, it is +14, and I love her, no big deal!

Our motel is super, we are only a couple of minutes from the beach, shopping, and Apachee Pier. The room is very clean and has everything we need to be comfortable and all for only $54.00 a night CDN. (that even includes a real breakfast).

Tomorrow it is off to Bass Pro to pick up a rod and reel then Apachee Pier to spend the day fishing and relaxing in the sun (it's only going to cost me about $20.00 for the rod and reel but probably about $100.00 for the shoes Sue said she is going shopping for. Sounds quite reasonable to me :whistling:

Anyway, good night all, my navigator is calling me, somthing about making it up to me for having to do all that extra driving today :devil:

Anyway, good night all, my navigator is calling me, somthing about making it up to me for having to do all that extra driving today

A little looky in the mountains followed by a little nookie by the beach only to wake up for a little hooky on the pier. Sounds like a good time all around. Enjoy the trip.