Little trip up north

xrap

We decided to go for a little trip up north for some pike action. Not sleeping at all on friday we arrived there saturday around 4:30. We set up the tent and got the fire going and started fishing. The weather was nice and the lake was quite and it sure looked like a promising day ahead.

Picture246.jpg

First I tried the minnow under the float and had a bunch of wierd hits but Couldn't seem to the set the fish. Then I casted it and start to jig it a bit and finally hook into it. Didn't feel big at all and defitnatley did not feel like a pike. I was right, it was a nice clean 11" perch.

Picture247.jpg

Then a short while later my brother in law has something on. It was not to big but it jumped out of the air 2-3 times and put on a show. It was a scrappy little pike.

Picture249.jpg

Then a bit later brother in law gets into another little scrappy pike

Picture251-1.jpg

I started to chuck the spinex around a few weed beds and sure enough I hook into a pike.

Picture252.jpg

Yet another scrappy little fighter my bro law pulls in.

Picture254-1.jpg

These were not the biggest pike ever but it sure was fun getting hits on almost every cast.

Picture275.jpg

Don't mind the wierd face, that's what no sleep in 36 hours and the sun in your face does.

Picture258-1.jpg

Here's a shot of the lake

Picture265.jpg

As the day moved on the blackflies were getting real bad and not even bug sprayed worked. Slept for a couple hours in the tent and got out and caught some more pike. Then we ened off the day by having some pike on the grill and packed up and decided it was time to go. It was a great day to be out for sure. Cast after cast, pike after pike. We caught so much that we lost count and I didn't have time to take the camera out every mintue! At the end of the day it was starting to get cloudy and started rain so we decided to call it a day and pack up. I'd like to thank Cliff for all the help, couldn't have had a better trip. Thanks man!!!

Nice post, the pictures bring back memories. Is the trail still in good enough shape to drive into and park?

I'm really glad you found the spot and that the action was the way I remembered it. Next time you go, take a canoe or small car topper with you. Three friends and I were trolling in there one time and landed over 30 pike in an hour.

You are welcome!

Big Cliff

Edited by Big Cliff

WTG!! Great report...the fish seemed to cooperate for you too! Pike are a fun species to target...I'm going to def. spend more time on them this year. The scenery shot was pretty awesome too...makes me wish I lived someplace like that....hmmm....seems retirement is TOO far away....LOL :lol:

Nice post, the pictures bring back memories. Is the trail still in good enough shape to drive into and park?

We didn't take a chance because of the mud but some people got threw there with a 4x4 easly.