What do you do to prep for 'storms'

Entropy

wormdunker, Art gave you the way to size an inverter.

I agree, running deep cycles + inverter in not ideal if you get hit with an extended outage however, the genny was not in the budget this year hence my battery backup solution. at least being a fisherman, i know my deep cycles are in good shape though! :)

If you are running a sump pump get one that is at lest 2700 watt running, and at least 3000 watt start up. I picked up my 3000/4000 champion at CTC for $300, comes with a wheel kit. Had one with out a wheel kit in the past and am glad I have with now. Steer away from the 1000 / 1200 watt ones, as many will agree they are not suitable for most sump pumps.

Preparing for storms is a little paranoid if you ask me.

Not sure what you find paranoid about being prepared for winter storms Shane, infact I seem to recall you talking recently about having good winter tires on your car, so isn't that being ready for a storm ??

Extra firewood for a wood stove, maybe a generator to run the essentials in your home, some flashlights nearby for when the power goes out, maybe a full propane tank for the BBQ ??

I carry a box in my truck with extra warm clothes and spare winter boots, a box of sand and a shovel....just in case.

I dunno, but I always admire folks who are ready for what Mother Nature throws at them, rather than the guy who just sits back, does nothing, and then whine because a big snow storm caught him off guard.

I don't go outside. The only people that have problems with the power outages are the neighbors with basements.

Edit, I go outside to move the vehicles from under the trees. I better get out of my smoking jacket and get into gear.

Stay warm and dry all. I actually love a good storm, when's it coming?

You wont find me whining Lew!

It just seems like evry little weather event these days is the end of the world.

Really, whats the worst case scenario? We lose power for a few days...maybe a week? its not life or death for me, so I just do like wayne and go to bed, and get up in the morning. I know me and mine will be fine. I guess im always prepared and never really put much thought into it. I guess its the media hype that bothers me the most.

S.