Northern Ontario lodge within 6 hours of Toronto

fisher

Hoping to tap into the wealth of experience of those on this board. Planning a trip to a remote lodge somewhere within 6 hours of Toronto next year - maybe May or June. Like to drive there but may consider fly-in.

It'll be myself, my dad and my 10 yr old son.

Looking for a clean place, with good fishing for walleye and pike. May or may not bring my own boat - haven't decided if I want to trailer that far. Either a place that provides meals or we can cook ourselves.

Any ideas and if you have had experience there?

Thanks

Edited by fisher

I would recommend Lady Evelyn as well

I have stayed at Island 10 (American Plan) and Ellen Island (Housekeeping)

Island 10 is more expensive but we preferred its location, quality of boats (didnt bring our own) and found that Ken the owner was able to help us out more with fishing locations etc than Ellen Island - that being said though this was before I was familiar with this board any many others where you may not need as much help from the lodge

I would also recommend Brennan Harbour lodge in Spanish Ontario

You fish the Whalesback channel (an inlet of Lake Huron) - multi species - walleye, pike, smallmouth, musky and at certain times of year trout

If you search on this site you can find my report as well as a few others for Brennan Harbour

Auld Reekie Lodge in Gowganda is a great place to go. They have several species specific back lakes that require little to no portage. One that is all pike, one bass, on mixed species and one walleye. Meal plan is excellent and you will not leave the dining room hungry. In fact, I'd be surprised if you left the dining room with your plate empty.

Hosts Urs and Dianne Brunner and their family are exceptionally accomodating and friendly.

I have been to this lodge many times over the last 8 years and have always had a good time.

"Northern" Ontario is a lot farther from Toronto than six hours.

Not according to alot of the guys that live along the hwy 17 corridor, infact some even think their in the "far" north :lol:

Edited by lew

I would check out waterfalls lodge and brennan harbor lodge. I have been to both and produced good numbers of fish with good size. the scenery and cabins are gorgeous aswell. if you want to drive 9 hours I would say go to richies end of the trail lodge for a great experience. its a nice drive and the walleye fishing is fantastic.