Picked up a new Aqua View 710

pidge

With ice fishing on the brain lately (early I know) my fishing buddy and I split on a underwater camera. Just thought I'd share some pics of it. That's all. Just used it in the garage so far, but this thing is pretty cool. The screen is 7" wide and is pretty clear (in the garage). It dosent have the bells and whistles the more expensive units have such as water temp and camera orientation, but we figured we can live without that. Hopefully. It dose have colour, contrast, and tint adjust. Wide angle and narrow angle, can adjust the l.e.d. For brightness. I've never owned such an animal before and I'm super excited to try her out. I think it's pretty neat. Here's a few pics if it. E9D2BDA5-179B-41D3-AAD5-6A2DED7BF429-210

CAFA547D-DDA7-49C4-97DB-13001342A6F6-210

F455C641-65D5-4EA6-A8D5-992D51DDBB50-210

Edited by pidge

Honestly, along with my polarized glasses, sonar, technical clothing (fleece, gore-tex), chemically sharpened hooks and decent quality mono & braided line, my underwater Marcum camera has to be one of the greatest investments I’ve ever made. You learn so much by watching fish (There were things I’ve seen fish do on camera that just blew my mind). On the ice, I have my sonar and camera next to one another and I learned a great deal on how to better interpret my graph. I also used it to help my dad track down squirrels that made a nest in our wall.LOL

I'm sure you will have a blast with it.

Yeah I'm super excited to watch what and how they react to presentations. I think it's gonna be neat. I'm a cheap bugger so we opted for the cheaper unit, but I think it'll server us well. Random Simcoe shot MJL to get you in the mood lol C0002EE2-BBE2-46CD-9D14-E6CBD9EF9355-179 I should also mention the unit comes with a thingie that attaches to the camera to get a view from overhead, a 120volt charger, a 12volt car charger, a big chunk of steel for trolling as well.

Edited by pidge

-hahahahaha @ Bill :)

-Wormdunker, never owned one before as well. They retail for $199 at BassPro. with our coupons we endend up paying about $50 each.

-Terry thats pretty neat. Are you using the video out port and connecting a video camera to the unit?

-Fisherman, this unit is fairly small...I think anyways. Its really not that bigs at all. Overall when its in the soft case its about the same size as a car battery id say. Once opened up its even more compact. I did see those smaller units at BassPro last night as well (not exactly the one you linked) and the cable is bloody flimsy it just feels weak. Its close to 18ga thermostat wire. I think the one you linked has a bigger screen, but the ones they had there last night were very tiny screens. Similar to an i phone.

-Fisherman, this unit is fairly small...I think anyways. Its really not that bigs at all. Overall when its in the soft case its about the same size as a car battery id say. Once opened up its even more compact. I did see those smaller units at BassPro last night as well (not exactly the one you linked) and the cable is bloody flimsy it just feels weak. Its close to 18ga thermostat wire. I think the one you linked has a bigger screen, but the ones they had there last night were very tiny screens. Similar to an i phone.

I'll agree, it's pretty thin cable, so far I haven't heard of anyone breaking off or having a pike swallow the camera.

A question for the tech sauvy. Terry has put a bug in my ear about recording off the AquaView. Dose anyone know if it's possible to use the RCA out port on the TV and connect it to a iPhone or iPad to record film? I'm serching the www right now, but kinda spinning my tires. I don't wana go out and spend money on a GOPRO if I don't have to. Any techies out there know if it's possible.

A question for the tech sauvy. Terry has put a bug in my ear about recording off the AquaView. Dose anyone know if it's possible to use the RCA out port on the TV and connect it to a iPhone or iPad to record film? I'm serching the www right now, but kinda spinning my tires. I don't wana go out and spend money on a GOPRO if I don't have to. Any techies out there know if it's possible.

Don't know about recording to an eye patch, but it says this here in the manual:

Video Out — The “Video Out” jack is for

connecting your Aqua-View to a hand-held

camcorder, or to a larger external monitor.

Your Aqua-Vu will work with any camcorder

or any monitor that accepts the NTSC video

signal, and has a standard “Video-In” jack. Use any RCA-style patch cord that comes with

most camcorders (also available at most consumer electronics stores.) For external video

recording, plug one end of the cord into the “Video Out” jack on the Aqua-Vu; plug the

other end into the “Video-In” jack on your camcorder. You can now watch your Aqua-Vu

monitor and record at the same time. I'm thinking at maybe the signal type, NTSC may not be compatable with some recorders.

Thanks for the post Fisherman. Through my searches I've seen that NTSC word used. I'll be honest it's all foreign to me lol. I was hoping for a simple cheap plug and play and record off the camera on the iPhone, but the more I search the more I believe it's impossible. I'm not giving up yet!

Hmmm, it's electronics, new yesterday, obsolete today, more new stuff tomorrow. The older TV signals were NTSC and as of about 2 years ago were switched over to ATSC for off air broadcasting, get more channels for the same bandwidth. Analog to digital conversion in short form. Maybe it's possible to record it onto a camcorder and convert that to a digital signal for ipad/ipod.