Anyone want to take a rookie duck hunting?

TEP

My gun licence finally showed up in the mail. Bought a shotgun. A couple calls. Decoys.. Some camo. And a 14' boat I plan to paint up. I've done plenty of net research, but would appreciate any input from anyone who is in the know.

I've also been to the range(trap) a couple times to test out the new toy. I'm told 14/25 is pretty good for a rookie.

I live in Courtice if that matters. But willing to make a drive.

Thanks!

Fall means two things for me upland hunting and steelhead fishing .

My self and short haired pointer pursue pheasants , grouse, rabbits , and ducks ( headed out in a minute actually)

Your welcome to come a long on a hunt. It's tough getting started .

PM me and we'll work something out.

Cheers,

Ryan

If you want easy duck hunting come down and try the st lawrence in December.... They're everywhere... And very limited hunters.... I'm in the Cornwall area and could share a couple spots with you if you like....

I should add... I don't hunt...I just know the river and where to hunt... My brother hints ducks...

Edited by Mike Rousseau

Hi TeamEmptyPockets,

I'd be more than happy to bring you with me. I'm in the Richmond Hill area. I usually hunt by myself so I always welcome people :)

Members have offered me so much help over the years, I would love to pay it forward.

Shoot me a pm and we can work something out :)

I thank you all for the replies. I look forward to taking you all up on the offers!

As far as the drive goes anything within 2 hours of the Oshawa area would work fine for me.

If I had a gun, ammo, camo clothes, decoys/weights, a couple calls, and a boat, what else would I need?

I thank you all for the replies. I look forward to taking you all up on the offers!

As far as the drive goes anything within 2 hours of the Oshawa area would work fine for me.

If I had a gun, ammo, camo clothes, decoys/weights, a couple calls, and a boat, what else would I need?

That's all you need man. The kawarthas are loaded with waterfowl. Spend some time scouting the lower ends of pigeon, sturgeon, chemong......any of the kawarthas really. Find a spot, set your decoys, and learn to shoot.

I know your a good guy, I've met you a couple times. I am a hardcore waterfowler. Its what I eat sleep and breath, but I've been burnt so many times by taking guys out that I've kind of stopped doing it. I went out for my first shoot yeaterday morning, and a guy I had taken out a couple years ago had bult a blind right in the spot I took him. I have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth right now, I hope you understand. Maybe if the guy didn't leave a half garbage bag full of garbage, and empty hulls laying there, I wouldn't feel this way, but that kind of crap really burns my butt!!

If you'd like some better info on hunting around here, PM me and I'd be glad to help you out, and maybe even get you out for a shoot once I cool off a little.

Sorry for the rant, but being the nice guy has come back to bite me a few times now.

S.

Have you considered hunting upland? If so, you're welcome to join the hound and I 15 minutes from Brantford for a day of rabbit and grouse hunting once the snows flies. Maybe even see if we can get a coyote to come play :canadian: