Rough Night For Chinny

craigdritchie

Went for a walk down a local creek to see how the salmon snagfest has been progressing. Now at this time of year, I'm accustomed to seeing dead fish that are slit from their butts to their chins. And I'm used to seeing a lot of garbage. After all, we're talking about the salmon run, and all the riff-raff that attracts.

But this was just too much ...

Tough-Night-For-Chinny_zpsa8b79ae3.jpg

Dead chinny, with an empty whiskey bottle and a condom.

What on earth goes on down there at night ???????

Pretty disgusting for sure !!! And getting worse everyear ..... It was no different 20yrs ago when I stopped fishing the creeks in the GTA and there is a lot more people now so I'm glad I don't have anything to do with the annual carcass hunt !!! They are way nice in the lake in the summer anyways !!!!! We need more CO'os for sure ....

drove up Bronte at 9:30 pm the other night and the Halton Police was turning into the park entrance. Almost wanted to follow along and watch the gong show.

Tried casting the pier the other night too and the overflow from the river must have showed up there. Lined up elbow to elbow on the break wall after that rain. I turned around and went home when I saw the crowd.

I'm not a big fan of Chinooks being transplanted into the Great Lakes in the first place. Go to the Pacific Ocean if you want to catch one. Kill them all I say. But there's an annual thread on here that says you have to line them, or snag them once the enter the rivers. Not so up here. The locals catch tons of them trolling or hot shotting with big ugly crankbaits every day in the fall. I'm talking about dragging your ugly crankbait upstream so the fish have to attack it. The river fish bite up here. I'm not so sure why they don't down there.

Went for a walk down a local creek to see how the salmon snagfest has been progressing. Now at this time of year, I'm accustomed to seeing dead fish that are slit from their butts to their chins. And I'm used to seeing a lot of garbage. After all, we're talking about the salmon run, and all the riff-raff that attracts.

But this was just too much ...

Tough-Night-For-Chinny_zpsa8b79ae3.jpg

Dead chinny, with an empty whiskey bottle and a condom.

What on earth goes on down there at night ???????

HaHa! That photo about sums up river/trib. salmon fishing in GTA! lol

I'm not a big fan of Chinooks being transplanted into the Great Lakes in the first place. Go to the Pacific Ocean if you want to catch one. Kill them all I say. But there's an annual thread on here that says you have to line them, or snag them once the enter the rivers. Not so up here. The locals catch tons of them trolling or hot shotting with big ugly crankbaits every day in the fall. I'm talking about dragging your ugly crankbait upstream so the fish have to attack it. The river fish bite up here. I'm not so sure why they don't down there.

Lol, they surely do. Anyone who assumes they dont eat when entering rivers has obviously never thrown a lure in the river for them.