Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

How is it they think thats not a suspend-able hit..Ranger never touched the puck. The last I checked you have to touch the puck to get hit..The lack of respect hitting a guy there with 2 seconds alone is sickening...

the one thing I can say about that hit is killorn didn't even care about where the puck was, stick up in the air and puck was in behind him staring right at ranger without even making an attempt to gain the puck

Ranger does not have to touch the puck to be hit. He is close enough. Players are taught from a very young age that the first player takes the body and the second grabs the puck. Ranger put himself in that position by switching directions at the last second. There is nothing you can do in real time to change the course at that point. I am a die hard leafs fan but the call that was made was the right call and no further suspension should occur because he has no history of dirty pla to my knowledge, Killorn stopped skating (wasn't charging Ranger), he attempted to slow up (snow fly's up off his slates) and Ranger made a last second adjustment. Everything looks bad in real time, and in slow motion it looks like Killorn should have done something different, truth is its less than half a second and less then 5 feet to react there isnt really anything you can do.

Ranger does not have to touch the puck to be hit. He is close enough. Players are taught from a very young age that the first player takes the body and the second grabs the puck. Ranger put himself in that position by switching directions at the last second. There is nothing you can do in real time to change the course at that point. I am a die hard leafs fan but the call that was made was the right call and no further suspension should occur because he has no history of dirty pla to my knowledge, Killorn stopped skating (wasn't charging Ranger), he attempted to slow up (snow fly's up off his slates) and Ranger made a last second adjustment. Everything looks bad in real time, and in slow motion it looks like Killorn should have done something different, truth is its less than half a second and less then 5 feet to react there isnt really anything you can do.

Players are also taught to not hit someone when you're looking at his numbers. Rangers skates changed directions but his shoulders never did. He was going to get hit either way.

Wah wah wah, oh the reffs are bad, wah wah wah the good players are hurt wah wah wah we need more defense wah wah wah our goalie is hurt! Bunch of whiners, suck it up laffites, you've been grossly outshot every game this year and it's questionable that you should be where you are in the standings!

Wah wah wah, oh the reffs are bad, wah wah wah the good players are hurt wah wah wah we need more defense wah wah wah our goalie is hurt! Bunch of whiners, suck it up laffites, you've been grossly outshot every game this year and it's questionable that you should be where you are in the standings!

Wah wah I'm whining because the Leafs are how far ahead of Ottawa? lol

That my be true Matt. But your team is right where they are supposed to be in the standings. Near the bottom and irrelevant. Get used to it bud. With the "core" you guys have you will be there for a long time. Don't throw stones.

Edited by BassMan11

its questionable that anyone over the age of 25 is a sens fan.

bandwagon i believe they call it. the team folded in 1934 which you were not born yet, so you didnt grow up cheering for Ottawa, then in 1992 they came back as a franchise...

if my math serves me correct correct that means for 27 years you cheered for another team, then because Ottawa was given a team again you hopped right on that bandwagon.

It is very easy for me to discredit anything you say about the sport of hockey because there is nothing worse than a person who jumps from one team to another for any reason.

I understand your frustration though muskymatt, your team has never beat us in a playoff series, there are just as many leaf fans at your home games as sens fans, and here you are without a hope of making the playoffs trying to stick it to a team that has a shot.

GO LEAFS GO

Bleeding blue and white

Edited by pairofgreenhorns

He he he he.... well said MM. All those Laff fans crying in their beer but are quick point out anybody else's team not doing well. The difference is that other team fans suck it up and they don't cry about it every game.

muddler

He he he he.... well said MM. All those Laff fans crying in their beer but are quick point out anybody else's team not doing well. The difference is that other team fans suck it up and they don't cry about it every game.

muddler

The irony with you is strong...

The difference is that other team fans suck it up and they don't cry about it every game.

muddler

Do I need to post ANOTHER diving and complaining video of the Bruins? There are several. Further more you must of not heard the Ottawa radio station last Sunday after the refs "robbed" Ottawa from a win over the Habs in Montreal in the last 5 minutes of that game. Come on man. This isn't amateur hour :whistling:

Does anyone else notice that Reimer seems to be the last guy in the rink able to track rebounds? He always seems to be looking around trying to find the puck and many times, he's a day late and a dollar short.

We need Bernie back asap if there is going to be any hope of a playoff spot. It wouldn't hurt if Dion got this head back in the game as well!

HH

Does anyone else notice that Reimer seems to be the last guy in the rink able to track rebounds? He always seems to be looking around trying to find the puck and many times, he's a day late and a dollar short.

We need Bernie back asap if there is going to be any hope of a playoff spot. It wouldn't hurt if Dion got this head back in the game as well!

HH

His rebound control is awful, that first shot/goal rattled him lastnight and that was the end of it. He needs some offense as well though, no reason why they shouldn't have put home at least 2 more goals then the score showed.

Edited by BillM

I think he's shell shocked. Maybe if the Laffs play some defense for a Whole game, he wouldn't be stopping so many shots. Sorry I forgot, the Loafs skill players don't do that. Phil the thrill (LOL) will have a 20 year career because he won't touch anybody. Rack up a pile of points, bow out and build for next year. Now where have I heard that before? Why do you think Boston traded him in the first place? No Grit.