Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

I only blame a goalie when they let in soft goals. All I'm saying is he will never be number 1 in Toronto so let's trade him and get something useful for our team in return.

I agree it should have been handled differently with the media but I don't think randy meant it the way it came out

Number 1,Ok

LEAF hype about the monster,#1,gone

Eddie the Eagle,,,,#1 gone

Cujo,,,,,,,#1 gone

Before them

Potvin

Wregget

I dont see where the goalie is to blame in the history here.

Goalie is one player. 2+1 lines of D and 3 lines of forwards..

Number 1,Ok

LEAF hype about the monster,#1,gone

Eddie the Eagle,,,,#1 gone

Cujo,,,,,,,#1 gone

Before them

Potvin

Wregget

I dont see where the goalie is to blame in the history here.

Goalie is one player. 2+1 lines of D and 3 lines of forwards..

I could care less what leaf hype is, I don't understand your point. I'm saying that while bernier is in town Reimer will not be our number one so trade him. It is no one else's fault on the team that Reimer lets in soft goals. I'm not blaming him for our losing, I understand that is a team fault. I'm blaming him for his inability to save shots that any junior goalie I played with could save.

I could care less what leaf hype is, I don't understand your point. I'm saying that while bernier is in town Reimer will not be our number one so trade him. It is no one else's fault on the team that Reimer lets in soft goals. I'm not blaming him for our losing, I understand that is a team fault. I'm blaming him for his inability to save shots that any junior goalie I played with could save.

Ok so who would you bring in as a back up to Bernie? WHATS OUT THERE?

As a father of a goalie,going from double A to triple A,through Atom to Midget,I have seen it all.

Three bad games in a league game,but touny on the weekend and gets 4 MVP 4 games straight.

I could still play by play those games.

Edited by Misfish

y

Ya he should have known better but what he said last week is not the reason Reimer has been under performing almost all year long

He's been in his head since at least December when he yanked him against the wings. All year the coach has handled the 2 goalies differently. It can be argued that just the way it goes, but the reality is that it has had a negative impact on Remier. The job of the coach is to win and he hasn't helped the team win by messing with Remier.

As a father of a goalie,going from double A to triple A,through Atom to Midget,I have seen it all.

Should of taken dubnyk. He went for future considerations.

Leafs make the playoffs, Reimer is gone. Leafs don't make the playoffs, Carlyle is gone. Carlyle has a history of throwing players under the bus. Personally I'd like to see Carlyle gone. Theres no way that a team with this much talent can be so bad defensively without some sort of game plan. Apparently there is no such plan in Leafs land. The Leafs have a bunch of young fast skating defensemen, with no direction. The offence is clearly talented enough to handle itself. Dump Carlyle and get someone in there that can put up a defensive plan. The sooner the better Imho.

Three bad games in a league game,but touny on the weekend and gets 4 MVP 4 games straight.

I could still play by play those games.

Amazing for your son, glad to hear that! You sound like a great hockey dad!

As for the leafs though, when your backup loses the majority of the games he plays they would be better off with anyone there provided they get something useful in return for Reimer. I'm not defending Carlyle in anyway but maybe his treatment of Reimer was his way of giving nonis a hint to trade him. This is all speculation of course. But if we got a solid stay at home defenseman or improved at centre at the cost of trading Reimer I think we would be better off for it. Whether it's carlyles fault, the teams fault, or reimers fault what's done is done. Bernier is a stud in net, although unproven in playoffs in Toronto I feel like he can thrive in this tough to play in hockey market. That makes Reimer expendable in my opinion.

Amazing for your son, glad to hear that! You sound like a great hockey dad!

As for the leafs though, when your backup loses the majority of the games he plays they would be better off with anyone there provided they get something useful in return for Reimer. I'm not defending Carlyle in anyway but maybe his treatment of Reimer was his way of giving nonis a hint to trade him. This is all speculation of course. But if we got a solid stay at home defenseman or improved at centre at the cost of trading Reimer I think we would be better off for it. Whether it's carlyles fault, the teams fault, or reimers fault what's done is done. Bernier is a stud in net, although unproven in playoffs in Toronto I feel like he can thrive in this tough to play in hockey market. That makes Reimer expendable in my opinion.

Funny how Bernier let in 9 goals in two back to back games (including one that he practically scored on himself) after the olympics, and he is the next thing to a goaltending God now. I just dont get it.

I dunno if it's Carlyle.... Those first two goals were soft, no way Reims should have let those in. Then look at the posts the Leafs hit tonight, Gardiner, Reilly and JVR, 2 of those go in an it's a different game. Puck isn't bouncing our way, let's hope they straighten things out or it's going to be a long off season.

Good point but no playoffs and how does it look

Ya if they don't make it it doesn't look good. We have to remember they are one of the five youngest teams in the league. I would argue that if bozak, Bolland, and bernier weren't injured and gardiner and Reilly were a little further along in there development we would be in second place in our division consistently throughout the year. So I hope they don't get rid of Carlyle just yet. If next year they aren't doing well by mid season, then I would let him go.