Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

sweet goal! now just need to buckle down and hold off the pressure, I'm liking how the leafs are finding ways to score in the final 10 mins of the game finally, beginning of the year a lot of games went to overtime and shootout because they couldn't bury a late one

Like the 2 points, but hate to give the single in the conference.

I was thinking the same thing..Oh well I thought it was well played game..You have to give Philly some credit..They played an exellent game but most of it was from behind.

An odd stat about the leafs...Leafs give up 33 third period leads but are now 24-1 and 2 when leading after 2..

I thought Dion played a noteworthy game..Held off Giroux, Lead the team in ice time and sets up the OT winner.. Good Game boys

Go Leafs Go!!!

I was thinking the same thing..Oh well I thought it was well played game..You have to give Philly some credit..They played an exellent game but most of it was from behind.

An odd stat about the leafs...Leafs give up 33 third period leads but are now 24-1 and 2 when leading after 2..

I thought Dion played a noteworthy game..Held off Giroux, Lead the team in ice time and sets up the OT winner.. Good Game boys

Go Leafs Go!!!

I thought that Dion sucks? :blahblah1:

What have I been telling you Jeremy about Lupul for years now.

Also anyone else nervous when the leafs had the Power play tonight

Something about 'quack quack quack'

The entire game the commentators were talking about how important it is now because the leafs are 3 points up on Philly. I just realized it would never matter thanks to these new squirelly ranking systems and playoff format.

Ps- If y'all don't know what the new playoff format is now, you're going to be real angry in a few months.

Edited by jeremy84

Something about 'quack quack quack'

The entire game the commentators were talking about how important it is now because the leafs are 3 points up on Philly. I just realized it would never matter thanks to these new squirelly ranking systems and playoff format.

Ps- If y'all don't know what the new playoff format is now, you're going to be real angry in a few months.

It's quite possible the team with the 7th best record (not the 7th seed) in the conference will have the easiest 1st round match-up. :wallbash:

And depending on how the first round goes the 2nd round could also be messed-up.

I hope they revamp this system in the summer, but considering that would require an admittance of their own mistakes and the slightest indication of intelligence from the owners/league I won't be holding my breath.

The point to Philly could matter if the Leafs and Philly end up in the wildcard positions or meet in the semifinals.

It's quite possible the team with the 7th best record (not the 7th seed) in the conference will have the easiest 1st round match-up. :wallbash:

And depending on how the first round goes the 2nd round could also be messed-up.

I hope they revamp this system in the summer, but considering that would require an admittance of their own mistakes and the slightest indication of intelligence from the owners/league I won't be holding my breath.

The point to Philly could matter if the Leafs and Philly end up in the wildcard positions or meet in the semifinals.

So, I'm still not 100% on this but the conference champ plays the second wildcard spot, the other division winner plays the first wildcard spot. 2 and 3 from each division play.

Then I think, if the 1 seed in both divisions win they play the winner of 2 vs 3 in their own division, BUT if the wildcard wins then the team with the highest points plays them. What a headache. And what a nightmare if you are in the Anaheim, San Jose, LA division.

I do not think this has the best teams playing in the conference final. I don't know why they can't just keep it simple.

Top 3 teams in each of the new 4 divisions get in the play-offs. The next top 2 teams in each conference get in. They are called the wildcard teams. The division winner with the most points plays the wildcard team with the least points. The other division winner plays the other wildcard team. The 2nd and 3rd place teams in each division play each other (in their own division).

The 2nd round will still be within the division. If a wildcard team beats a division winner that wildcard team will "stay" in that division for the second round even if they are from the other division. In the fanfare of the new re-ilinement and play-off format the league was very quite about this part.

Based on today's standings and just for a reference:

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division

Bos 87

Mon 77

Tor 76

Metro

Pit 88

Phi 73

Nyr 72

Wildcard

TB 74

Det 71

First round

Pit v Det

Phi v Nyr

Bos v Tb

Mon v Tor

If Detroit beats Pittsburg, Detroit will play the winner of Philly/NYR.

How can you screw up such a simple thing as first plays, last, etc etc? lol. Just leave damn well alone!

That's easy. Bettmen isn't about competition. He's about artificial parity. Three point games, unbalanced schedules and the play-off system all contribute to this.

Say what? I thought you had a man crush on Dion..Where did this come from?

Yea. Not from here. It seems that most people want him gone from the Leafs on dedicated Leafs message boards. Just got a little confused in my excitement I guess. lol