better (best ) hook for wacky worm ??

ROOK

Heard so much about the wacky worm technique off this site.

was finally trying out a wacky worm rig with moderate success ... BUT.... kept finding the fish really swallow down the hook even though I thought I set the hook quite quickly when I felt them take it
ended up that after a few fish I bent the barb down to effect an easier release - was using some sort of 3/0 standard worm hook (sort of long shaft)
is there some hook that is better than others to try and prevent this from happening on a regular basis ????
HELP !!!!!!!!!
Rook

I use gamakatsu size 2 octopus hooks. They're kinda the same hooks as the demon circle rich mentioned. Every now and then they might get hooked deep but i find removing these hooks are pretty easy.

Everybody should learn the through-gill hook removal. If you haven't, that's probably the most important fishing skill I know.

http://www.lunkersunlimitedwi.com/Hook_Removal.html

(if you didn't know)

Good luck!

Recently tried the power team lures "sick stick" worm and the shakey head rig hooks, and they have become my favorite setup. The action they give is really unique and i recommend everybody gives them a try. Has been a really successful technique for me and i think a lot of bass guys would love it. Also got a few really nice eyes this year on them as well on top of weed beds.

Recently tried the power team lures "sick stick" worm and the shakey head rig hooks, and they have become my favorite setup. The action they give is really unique and i recommend everybody gives them a try. Has been a really successful technique for me and i think a lot of bass guys would love it. Also got a few really nice eyes this year on them as well on top of weed beds.

I cannot say enough good things about the sick sticks. They work amazangly well and have literally been the reason for me not being skunked once this year. I use the 1/16 oz weighted Buckeye Flick-it hooks with them as this is all that I could find it the store I frequent. I cannot complain about these hooks at all and all of my hooks have been set within 1 inch of the lip. The weed Guard on the other hand just seems to get in the way so I cut it off.

All I can say though is that if you are getting moderate success, keep at it a little more and try with a weighted hook. I bought these worms and hooks last year and tried it once. It did not produce. My buddy outfished me 2 to 1 the first time we were out with this technique (I was using a weightless tube) so I decided to give it another try and boy am I happy I did.

The extra weight makes the worm almost bend in half when you flick the rod and when the lure is falling, it makes the worm shimmy (for the lack of a better word) to the point where the fish cannot resist.

I have gotten in the habbit of ordering right off their site because they give pretty good discounts for bulk orders of worms (25Pack).

Adam

https://www.google.ca/search?q=mustad+weedless+wacky+worm+hooks&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=blQoUqyrAafF2AXG4YCIDQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=320&bih=444#biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7ChILhbfpLdTrrnM%3A not sure if the pic will show up but here is the hook I use and it's awesome !!! Been using it for years and it has a weighted version as well !!! And come in a few different sizes and super sharp and reasonable priced !!!!

Any kind of circle hook will reduce the amount of deep hooking that is endemic in wacky rigging. Almost every hook company makes a good circle-type hook. I like the Gammy and Owner hooks for wacky rigging, unless I am fishing deep, then it is the zappu inchi jigheads for me. It takes a bit of time to get used to the "non hookset" of a circle hook, but the learning curve is pretty fast.

Shrink wrap tubing ???? is that like heat shrink tubing that you need a hair dryer for when splicing electrical wires together ???? hmmmm sounds like an idea !!!!!!!!! where does one go about buying that type of stuff ????

thanks for the tip !!!!!!!!!