Good pair of sunglasses

shadowfly

Wow you guys spend some cash! I lose or break far too many to spend that kind of money.

And I must say "only $120 casue I am unemployed" .......wow

If you have never used them, you wouldn't know the difference. After using them, I will never go back to cheap sunglasses.

I have a pair of Oakley fishing specific straight jackets with Shallow Blue Irridium lenses that are 2 years old and still kicking. I just bought a pair of Revo Guide Small glasses with the shallow water lense and don't like them near as much as my old oakleys. I keep both on me when fishing though as the oakleys are great for overcast days and the Revo's work great when downright sunny.

When I used to buy $20.00 glasses, I would break them within a week. I usually end up losing them now before even coming close to breaking them. For the record, I have lost 3 pairs in 6 years so by the time I "lose" them, I am ready for a new pair anyway.

Doesn`t say that those lenzes are polarized. Just sayin..

That's because they aren't polarized. ;)

Look nice but useless fer fishin'

Oakley has a bunch of non-polarized glasses.

If you want the same ones but polarized add another $100.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=945435&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=51066&subdeptNum=51084&classNum=51087#.UiokhH92mM0

im sure once you drop a few couple hundred on a pair you'll take the extra effort/precaution to not lose or damage them.

i know i would

exactly. i used to buy the cheapo ones that i'd end up losing. once i got my costa del mars, i was much more careful with them.. and i still have them 4 years later.

and they are night and day compared to the cheapos in terms of vision. never go back to the el cheapos.

I've been wearing the same pair of H2Optics for 7 or 8 years now and their still in great shape. Never could understand why folks pay big money for things and don't look after them.

I too had a pair of h2optics for about 5-6 years and they were awesome. Until I kneeled on them ice fishing :wallbash: .dumass. I bought a pair of Bluewater optics to replace them and they are also quite nice. They'll last for many years with proper care.

Never could understand why folks pay big money for things and don't look after them.

EXACTLY!

If you buy a "cheap-o" pair for $20, you treat them exactly like that as well.

When you realize that good quality glasses/lenses are head and shoulders above the cheap ones, you'll fork out the cash and MAKE SURE to take care of them.

Sure, s##t happens and you could lose/break them but if you drop $200+ on a pair of glasses.... trust me... you'll take care of them as best you can.

I dont know about anyone else, but if I have a bait/hook/weight flying at my face at mach 3... I dont want to trust $20 plastic lenses to protect my eyes!

Always remember... you get what you pay for.