June 1st Pike adventure to Eddie North's Attawapiskat River

emjay88

Hi All,

I created a pdf photo essay of our trip this year to Attawapiskat River chasing pike and walleye. It was a week long fly in starting June 1st. Pike were just getting shallow and still in full spawning mode. Eddie North's place was once again such a treat to visit for a week. Truly a magical to visit and the best pike and walleye fishing I have ever experienced. This was my second year going up there and again set a new pb for some monster pike!

Matt

http://fishinginthewild.com/pdf/FishingInTheWild_AttawapiskatRiverAdventure2013.pdf

Thanks for posting; I can't believe that it's been a year since my brother and I were there. That river is always changing; with-in the 10 days we were there, it had dropped at least 4 feet. It was good though it stopped us from getting into a rut and fishing the same areas and tactics; we were always changing things up to keep on top of the fish.

There was this one jointed rap that was my best walleye producer; it was retired to the rafters of the main lodge, after the lip broke off bouncing it over some rocks.

Thanks again for posting.

Dan.

2012 Fish 126.jpg

Thanks for responses everyone. I saw that lure in the lodge Dan. Isn't that always the way? One lure just works the best any given week. Last year my go to pike lure was a simple white spinner bait, yet this year it was the in line mepps musky killer, silver blade and white and black maribou. The Johnson's silver minnow tipped with a white twister tail also worked well, especially being very weedless. Our biggest producer for Walleye was a silver husky jerk and the rogue worked well too. The pattern was totally different from last year, but that's what makes it fun. Trying to figure it out.

Cheers,

Matt