Anyone buy or deal with ....... (looking to buy a utility trailer)

Entropy

I'm thinking about buying a 5 x 8 steel utility trailer from Trailer City in Manchester. Anyone buy one there or deal with them? Just looking for feed back.

Their 5 x 8 black painted steel utility trailer with 16" sides and rear loading gate for $1600 + tax. Is that a reasonable price for a new trailer of this kind? I'm not looking to travel more than 1 hour to buy this type of trailer.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Entropy

There are other places that are cheaper, but if you don't want to travel a bit. http://www.highlandtrailers.com/

Thanks fisherman, I'd be very interested, but it is a 400 km round trip for me, and if there are any defects/problems/concerns, that would be warranty visit nobody would want to ride shotgun on; and if I had to leave it there and pick it up in a day or two, ..... I'd love to save $200 to $400 bucks but the distance is a problem.

Thanks.

the trailer market is flooded right now so do not be afraid to negotiate. Buddy of mine just picked up a great deal on a 6 x10 landscape trailer,shopped around ended up saving about 4 hundred off list because the dealer had a huge inventory and wanted to move one.

Have you tried Eastons on hwy 115 N? They make a good trailer. I highly reccomend galvanized too.

S.

X2 on the Galv thing, rust can be a pain, especially if you use it in the winter. I bought a Snow Bear trailer, what a piece of crap. I thought lite would be better, was I wrong.

i've only bought used trailers off kijiji and craigslist, the money i saved on purchase price was well above and beyond cost for re-wiring lights and replacing bearings and tires, which is easy for anybody to figure out on their own...might not be pretty but if you want to save money

There is a guy in omemee and he makes the best trailers anywhere !!! People drive from all over Ontario to get one off him he makes all sizes and styles he is right downtown omemee behind foodland grocery store they are all overbuilt and are awesome I see them on display on hwy 7 all the time might want to check that out i know his trailers are in demand and compared to the cheaper massed produced ones there is no comparison !!!!! And supposedly they are about the same price as the massed prices ones !!! I might be able to find more info I can't remember the guys name but everyone in town knows the guy and he is easy to find !! Don't buy a cheap one you will regret it especially if you are going to use it in the winter