Tornado watch

misfish

Sounds like we both nearly got to see our first funnel cloud!!!

Nick

I have seen funnels Nick. I remember watching my sons football game, and one player yelled funnel. I never seen so many kids and parents run for each other. SCARY STUFF MAN

It just passed by us with a darkening of skies and a quick temp drop - but no funnels. We've been through two of them - 1 camping at Arrowhead when it passed through Barrie / Huntsville - took out several tents and campers all around us but we were unscathed. The next one we were in Carnarvon about 10 years ago. Weather had been just like this - days of ridiculously hot humid weather. We were lucky that time too - next to a scenic look out and it bounced off the lookout and landed on the other side of the lake doing massive damage. The kids were blowing bubbles in the driveway: the bubbles were gently floating going in one direction, stopped dead still for a couple seconds and then went in the complete opposite direction at an incredible rate - it looked like one of those cartoons the way they took off. Then the rain started, in 30 seconds the rain was so fast and hard it was horizontal. It looked like a white sheet had draped across the windows. We huddled in the broom closet in the middle of the cottage. 10 minutes later came out to a war zone. Tree on the van, the cottage next door on either side of us and a forest of trees tossed like match sticks on the far side of the lake. Incredible power.

We lost power for approx. 4 1/2 hrs here in Penetanguishene. High winds, rain, thunder & lightning. Trees down and Hydro trucks out and about throughout town.

Temperature dropped in a matter of minutes from 32C to 20C. Temp started climbing after the sun came out (intermittently) to around 25C and it was very humid.

One touched down in the Kawarthas. Actually I can be more precise, at 313 Snug Harbour Rd. My neighbor now has a new boat house on his property, unfortunatly it was mine. He watched as it picked it up three seperate times then just threw it sideways and on it's side. Lifted the boat right off the marine railway and dumped it on it's side. Boathouse is a write off, he isn't sure but doesn't think there is too much damage to the boat. I guess Sue and I will be cutting this vacation short and heading for home Sunday morning.

Sorry to hear Cliff.

One touched down in the Kawarthas. Actually I can be more precise, at 313 Snug Harbour Rd. My neighbor now has a new boat house on his property, unfortunatly it was mine. He watched as it picked it up three seperate times then just threw it sideways and on it's side. Lifted the boat right off the marine railway and dumped it on it's side. Boathouse is a write off, he isn't sure but doesn't think there is too much damage to the boat. I guess Sue and I will be cutting this vacation short and heading for home Sunday morning.