Snake whacking time!

siwash

Snake jus' doin' what snake gotta do, defend itself. But it seems we don't even teach people how to cross a street properly, let alone how to handle, or not handle, a snake. I wonder how many dolts are wandering around out there with earbuds on, blasting tunes, instead of listening to the sounds around them. Can't hear a car, can't hear a rattle, can't see a Darwin Award coming their way.

Caught my share on the upper Bruce. All in the Willow creek area. My favourite was one I saw while heading into Tobermory with my wife, my sister, my mom and my sister in law in the car. It was sunning itself on the side of Dorcas Bay Rd. I pulled over and scared it off the road with a stick so it would not get run over. Then I pinned it down and picked it up and walked back towards the car full of women asking them if they wanted a closer look. I heard some pretty colorful language that day :whistling:

I wonder how many dolts are wandering around out there with earbuds on, blasting tunes, instead of listening to the sounds around them. Can't hear a car, can't hear a rattle, can't see a Darwin Award coming their way.

Lat year while sitting at a red light in downtown hamilton some clueless moron started to casually cross the road (king st?) as the light for the traffic crossing our path was turning yellow and he clearly shouldn't have been crossing. As the light turned green for us he was only halfway across the 3 lane 1 way road so I laid on the horn and he didn't even look our way as either his music was too loud or he was just an idiot.

I'll never forget the sound of his body contacting the car, his body flying like a rag doll 10ft in the air, and the thud of his body/head smacking the asphalt. 100% his fault thanks to his own stupidity.

"either his music was too loud or he was just an idiot"

Ever think it was a hearing issue he had ?

by saying "either his music was too loud" would imply he had headphones on /earbuds in and wasn't paying attention where attention was due

• 2 weeks later...

"either his music was too loud or he was just an idiot"

Ever think it was a hearing issue he had ?

I was less than 15 ft away and could clearly see the wire coming from his pocket going up to each ear. Seeing as I laid on the horn for a good 3-4 seconds and he didn't even glance our way (which would have saved him from getting whacked) I can only assume his music was very loud. Also, you'd think he would clue in when the 8-10 other people waiting to cross in the same direction were standing on the corner waiting for the proper time to cross the street.

Seeing as 99.99% of people know to look both ways when crossing the street and this guy didn't glance either way before crossing a 3-4 lane road, I think it was a stupidity issue that he had. Natures way of getting rid of bad gene's? :whistling:

Usually find one or two a year in the yard here... not a big deal.. you just get accustom to flipping boards and such over with your foot, not your hand! Been doing same for over 25 years. Not sure how some people would ever survive Australia !