One last time, with feeling. My favourite things in Ontario

So, as some of you may know, tomorrow morning I being my long trek out to Alberta for what will be hopefully a long and illustrious career. On Saturday I decided that I should spend one last hurrah in Ontario with my favourite things. Fishing and with my girlfriend (who hasn't been since she was 9)

I have a honey hole not too far out of the city so we decided to go there.

Action was slow to begin with and then something strange happened.

The rainbow trout happened.

trout2_zps1b62eb91.jpg

nikkitrout_zpsa4fef568.jpg

trout3_zpsf9f73f0c.jpg

I have never seen rainbow trout out of this lake before. Rumors were that their used to be some but I had never heard of anyone catching any. Within half an hour we had half a dozen, all good eating size, but it being my last few days in Ontario, good karma told me to throw em back.

A little more fishing, pumpkinseeds mostly, then I hook into a bass.

mybass_zps550f2a57.jpg

Yeah I know, not exactly a record breaker. Was good to see one.

My girlfriend hooked into a good sized catfish, which was great. Gave her a good fight and I was able to give her a few tips on fighting the fish and letting it run. She picked up the techniques quick.

nikkicatfish_zps302024c4.jpg

Its a good thing she did because not long after, her rod bent almost totally in half. Using the techniques I just taught her, she fought the fish like an expert and stole the show with what I can only describe as a monster.

nikkibass1_zps46bb34d5.jpg

nikkibass2_zps2950616a.jpg

Its been years since I saw a bass that big, and I have never even seen one half that size out of this lake. Truly an amazing going away present.

Until we meet again Ontario. So long and thanks for all the fish. :D

Good Luck Jeremy. I lived in Alberta for 12 years. Lots of great fishing there, especially just as you go into the mountains before Canmore. Lots of big rainbows in the Bow river, well when it is not overflowing it's banks :(

Also, alot less bugs in Alberta too. Don't even think earwigs are a known bug out there :clapping: