missing angler on georgian bay

kickingfrog

Sad news. Im going to install a kill switch in my boat and always wear my PFD while solo I think.

You should already have a kill switch on there.

The PFD is a no brainer. Please wear it!

I hate to admit it, but I ALWAYS forget to clip on the kill switch.

When I'm alone in the boat the auto-inflator is the 1st thing on and the last thing off but that darned kill switch never enters my thick brain.

Edited by lew

I hate to admit it, but I ALWAYS forget to clip on the kill switch.

When I'm alone in the boat the auto-inflator is the 1st thing on and the last thing off but that darned kill switch never enters my thick brain.

My tether is attached to my auto-inflate, that way if I go overboard, the boat stops. Even at trolling speeds, you are unable to swim fast enough to catch your boat. Just a suggestion. And as Irishfield has pointed out, if your tether is long enough, you can move all over the boat and not trip the kill switch.

I took a split ring off a key chain to permanently attach my tether to my Auto inflate . I looked around to find a short curly tether so I could just walk to the front (Bassboat) and the cord wouldn't be hanging down to far. Waste of money the tether is no longer curly and drags the ground.

I never wear a tether while fishing out of my bassboats-outboard isn't running. I always wear it while running, tournament or not.

One thing that did surprise me, last summer I was swimming off the boat. I was shocked how hard it was to grab the side and pull myself up and in. And it's a bassboat! I could do it, but thought, in soaking wet clothes in ice cold water, not so sure. I'd have to board at the back using the cavitation plate in the outboard as a step. Since I fish off the bow, that means I've got a 20' swim to get to the back. I actually practiced climbing in. Silly maybe, but can you get in your boat quickly? Try it this summer in warm water with a buddy in the boat. PFD's are mandatory!

Edited by grimsbylander