2013 Opener Check List

musky_hunter

2013 Bass opener is just 3 days away, excited?

Here are some check list items we discussed at our meeting. You guys any more comments?

- have your fishing license renewed and on your body

- make sure you remember to tighten your reel drags after off season storage.

- make sure your hooks are not rusting, change or sharpen if needed

- pull of 10 - 15 yards on your line to make sure it isn't frayed or damaged

- make sure to have some suntan lotion and bug spray in the bag

- put a rainjacket or ponch in your dry bag

- make sure your batteries are charged (electronics, cellphone, camera, etc..)

- make sure your life jacket is in good working condition

- if you use a auto inflation jacket make sure your kit shows green and under 5 years old

Have all safety equipment on board for boat size.

Federal registration for boat onboard.

Trailer ownership in tow vehicle.

Boat operators card on board.

Grease all engine fittings, marine grease..

Check all engine wiring.

Check plugs.

Check bottom end oil on outboard, 2 stroke oil level.

Find keys from last year.

Run engine at home. Try spare key.

Extra 2 stroke oil in boat.

Check all trailer lights for operation.

Check trailer tires, condition, pressure, wheel nuts, bearing buddies.

Grease wheel bearings, marine grease.

Check bolts on trailer bunks.

Unlock lockers.

Test trolling motor.

Run kicker.

Fuel full.

Net on board.

Long nose pliers on board.

Water, food.

Check opener isn't the 22nd. This June has 5 Saturdays. (Won a few bets on that one this year)

Go get em!!!!!!!!

Oh, because your so exited don't forget tackle in truck, oh yes I did after my 2 page check list.

Be sure the lug wrench for your truck wheels will also fit the lug nuts on your boat trailer, cause their not all the same size. And before the season starts, also be sure the lug nuts aren't seized on so tight you can't loosen them.

Be sure the lug wrench for your truck wheels will also fit the lug nuts on your boat trailer, cause their not all the same size. And before the season starts, also be sure the lug nuts aren't seized on so tight you can't loosen them.

Such an important thing that many overlook!

S.

Another thing that gets overlooked guys is your fire extinguisher !!!!!!! Make sure the powder inside has not gone hard and make sure the gauge is still saying full !!!!!! They do only have a limited life !!!!!!!!!! I know that not all boats are requires to have one but I have always had in in all my boats .......as well always have a few spare fuses for electronics like graphs livewells and marine radios ....... Great list guys. Cheers

Another thing that gets overlooked guys is your fire extinguisher !!!!!!! Make sure the powder inside has not gone hard and make sure the gauge is still saying full !!!!!! They do only have a limited life !!!!!!!!!! I know that not all boats are requires to have one but I have always had in in all my boats .......as well always have a few spare fuses for electronics like graphs livewells and marine radios ....... Great list guys. Cheers

Absolutely!!!

Came in handy a few season back when (during a tournament) we noticed a cruising yacht was SMOKING.... pulled up the Minn Kota and shot over to the boat.... he couldnt get his working, so I grabbed mine, jumped into his boat and put it out for him.

I can only imagine how that might have gone if there wasn't a working extinguisher around.....

ya keys are always good.
that reminds me 5-6 years ago my buddy and i were going to head out ice fishing so the night before i brought my sled over and loaded the sleds in the trailer so we can just jump in the truck and go the next day. so we got up early and took off. did the hour and a half drive and we parked where we unload the sleds. i asked my buddy for the key and he goes digging all thru his truck looking for it and he goes ooooo i forgot your keys on my nightstand......do you know how to hot wire your sled!??! and i was like ummmm no i cant say i've ever tried to steal my own sled before. so long story short, i pulled my dash apart and disconnected the wires and got it going.