Brand New Northern Pike Lake

Explored many new lakes this year for trout.

rumours had it locals put in some pike in a speckled trout lake.

fished it for specks and got my line cut off a couple of times.

went back today with the big guns.

landed tons of pike they took over the lake.

and i landed this brute had a head of a MULE!

972270_10151673174575568_1017103716_n.jp

I am not a fan of people taking wildlife management into their own hands, but sometimes some pike can help a lake that has a stunted population of fish. Don't know if this is the case here, but if you do end up finding the brookies they might average bigger then they used to. :dunno:

Huge snake man, awesome! Along a similar note in the last 15 years or so pike have infiltrated Booth lake in Algonquin Park, a deep cold lake trout/brook trout lake. Biologists have studied these pike and have determined they're among the fastest growing ever on record.

Fatty soft finned forage makes for some big pike.

yeah man it was a speck lake they used to pay to stock them everyyear.

more info about the pike ?

i was fishing the bay where the wind was pushing. and i found a hump passed a point. shallow about 7 FPW in rocks .

there no weeds in the lake becasue its a speck lake.

crystal clear lake. i was fishing with huge lures . m/g swim baits. 1 1/4 onze spnner bait.

then i swtiched to a crank bait. silver bleu.

i said to my self if there not goign to hit this i dont know what to do. second cast. aimming toward the middle of the lake.

he took it deep . but didnt hit any vital organs. his gills were mint. fought like a boss.

lasted 2-3 minutes then he was netted.

kept him in the water removed the hook took somwe quick pictures.

revived the fish a little bit . no back a forth motion just holding it slightly by the tail .

it kicked hard a fooded us both and we laughed hard then i started to cast again.

the end

Pretty sure my grandfather's cottage is directly to your right about a half klick. Could be wrong but it sure looks like a familiar shoreline.

If so, yes they paid to stock all sorts of things, collectively, over the years. Lakers, specks, bows, walleye.. the only fish that ever stuck were rock bass, LM and SM. til Chester put the pike in.

Everyone knows Chester did it. just ask the cottagers. ;)

Pretty sure my grandfather's cottage is directly to your right about a half klick. Could be wrong but it sure looks like a familiar shoreline.

If so, yes they paid to stock all sorts of things, collectively, over the years. Lakers, specks, bows, walleye.. the only fish that ever stuck were rock bass, LM and SM. til Chester put the pike in.

Everyone knows Chester did it. just ask the cottagers. ;)

impossible for a couple of reason...

0 cottage

0 eyes

only pike n maybe some rare specks

i dont know chester

its cot a collective thing.

on the right in more shore with 2 FOW

and theres no grandpa within 45 miles!

Okay.

Said I could be wrong.

The story sounds identical to the haliburton lake I'm thinking of, as does that shoreline. I honestly pulled a pic out of an album last night of me holding a smallie in what looks like the exact same spot, to a freakin tee! But, shorelines can obviously look quite similar in haliburton back lakes.

Either way, as I said, thats a BEAST!

Chester's a fat american who loves pike, and is responsible for their introduction/destruction of a few Haliburton lakes. Biggest one being Kushog.

I wish I knew that arse's last name. He moved a few years back. Never seen him since.

Edited by Rich