Simcoe Whities

Ron

With all this talk about the "big Whitefish die off" over the winter, I thought we would go and find out for ourselves...

Our findings says all is still OK out there.

A little tip for those venturing out there, slow down your presentation and down size your baits. We got them on darters sz 25. 65 - 80 FOW seemed to be the best depth for us as well.

IMG-20130518-00335.jpg

Cheers, Ron.

Edited by Ron

Tks for the replies everyone.

Yeah, a hoodie would have a warm welcome too. Surface temps ranged from 49-52 deg F. Friggen cold with just a jacket!

Also to note, pay close attention on where you park if you launch from Inisfil. Signage is of great shortage. If the parking lot is full at the launch ramp, you have to park at lot F, which is up at the soccer fields. Not bad if you enjoy walking, bout a 15 minute delay to park and walk back. THEY DO NOT WANT FISHER PEOPLE IN INISFIL, I swear!

25 bucks to launch and 30 bucks for improper parking. Oh ya, DO NOT PARK OVER THE DIVIDING LINE, they will ding for that too. I'll be launching from Sibbald Point from now on.

Cheers, Ron...

Tks for the replies everyone.

Yeah, a hoodie would have a warm welcome too. Surface temps ranged from 49-52 deg F. Friggen cold with just a jacket!

Also to note, pay close attention on where you park if you launch from Inisfil. Signage is of great shortage. If the parking lot is full at the launch ramp, you have to park at lot F, which is up at the soccer fields. Not bad if you enjoy walking, bout a 15 minute delay to park and walk back. THEY DO NOT WANT FISHER PEOPLE IN INISFIL, I swear!

25 bucks to launch and 30 bucks for improper parking. Oh ya, DO NOT PARK OVER THE DIVIDING LINE, they will ding for that too. I'll be launching from Sibbald Point from now on.

Cheers, Ron...

Thanks for the info Ron. 25 to launch, I'll never be back there. Doesn't make sense to even go there anymore, 80 bucks for gas and 25 to launch just for 2 fish.

Thats a healthy looking whitie there Ron. We marked a few today,hugging the bottom. Didnt bother to jig,as the lakers were keeping us busy. Plus our team has one already.LOL

As for the INISFIL thing. Sorry,but screw them. Come up to BARRIE FOR A FREE LAUNCH. 10 MINUTE RIDE,AND YOUR IN THE BIG LAKE.