Algonquin Report

Cookslav

Cookslav nice one. It looks like the same place you went last year.

I am in at the end of the month. Can't wait.

Nice cookin' shots as well.

Great to see the no trace shot. If everyone left it as good or maybe even a bit better well you know...

Motorhead Steelback was specifiaclly designed fo APP as it is in plastic and therefore legal in the Park. Like anything else though you have to pack out the trash.

Now that`s a Great report... Looks like you got into some nice fish and the weather was an added bonus...

Just wondering on the beer bottle picture??? I thought you weren`t allowed to bring in glass containers???

Doug

I think steelback bottles are plastic, not too sure tho!

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellant report and great pictures!! I have never been to Algonquin but it looks prestine! Unfortunately, I am not much of a portager. :(

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late Response, but I've been swamped at work...catching up from the trip LOL

Thanks for the kind words.

Badger,

I just use maps purchased from the Park...they are very acurate and easy to use.

No issues with wild life "yet"....

However...we did startle a bear on our way through a portage.

Right at the begining we just heard something take off through the bush(didn't see it)

But the Shore line was riddled with tracks, and over turned rocks....looking for grubs I assume?

Charlied,

That was my 6th time back to the same area...

I found it with a freind and have been going back every year since.

but I've been through many other areas of the park in the past as well.

This is actualy a fairly easy jaunt suitable for an 11 year old, and some older (Mobility challenged)

Men LOL...

But there are great trip routes, and canoe route maps you can purchase through the Park for trip planning.

I have an older slightly less acurate downloadeable PDF map if your interested in it just PM me.

You know Irish?...I didn't recall see rusty this year, guess I might need to widdle him next year LOL...

Nemo,

Your right it was the same spot...I'm trying to talk the group into going a bit further in next year to another lake thats "rumored" to be good, but we'll see(the guys are pretty attached to the area)

Good luck with your trip in!

Motorhead,

Nemo is bang on....Steelback is distibuted in a plastic bottle :)

Big swede,

Anytime yuou want a reunion tour I'm in...I can put us on fish if your willing to go for a hike, but no promises on the moss.

Cheers :)

• 11 months later...

In the spirit of Nemos request I'll bump my own Algonquin report from last year :rolleyes:

Only 7 sleeps and I'm back in the Pines!!!

Different spot this year though....so much Park so little time

Edited by Cookslav

I do a lot of camping, but have yet to make it up to Algonquin. This report however gives me some added incentive. If I can I might head to Frontenac Park in the next couple weeks. They have a couple of small lakes that are (or at least were) stocked with Splake, but the lakes are very small and very deep and hard to get to, so I'm not sure what kind of presentation to use.

Good luck on your trip this year!